Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

Slide parts for a Glock 17 build?

Building a Glock 17 from a Polymer 80.
    Have everything I need except for the parts that go into the slide (got the slide itself).
    Shopping online for a kit, or parts, I see that the prices are out of this world.
    Anybody got some old parts laying around--left over from an upgrade--that they would like to see go to a good home?
    Let me know if this is not the appropriate place to ask this.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    if it is a stock slide, send it to Glock with a check for $21 and it will come back filled with free parts and a set of steel sights. Get the warranty form off their site. Good way to get $70+ in parts for free and a spare set of steel sights too

MGO Board of Directors

Thanks for the suggestion, but no I don't have a stock slide.
    However, if someone with a gen 3 Glock 17 wants a new set of steel sights, I'd gladly pay the $21 for them.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Plus the cost to ship the slide there. Last one I did was a 10-day turn around

MGO Board of Directors

Yep, plus shipping.

MGO Member
    Midway sells slides and slide parts. The parts were on sale for $69 recently. They are currently out so put yourself on their notify me and see what happens. Brownells may sell those parts as well, haven't checked recently but they are sometimes on sale.

MGO Board of Directors

$71.45 at Midway and back ordered.
    $79.99 at Brownells and back ordered.

Then, I read that Glock gives them away with a change of sights.
    So, if someone with a Glock 17 gen 3 wants a new set of sights, I'll pony up for the price of the basic steel replacement sights plus shipping, in exchange for the slide kit.

I am a Forum User
    So if one were to remove all parts from a G17 slide and send it in for sights, the slide would return with all new parts installed? All this at price of registering your slide with Glock and the price of the sights? Does it come with a new barrel? I’m curious because I have a 17l that shoots so far left, from a rest, that’s it’s not enjoyable to shoot.

I am a Forum User
    Correct, all new free parts. Lol, no free barrel. I've done it and spoke about it numerous times here.

Buy this: https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipmen...95/89-1731793/

Use what you need, and sell the rest on eBay for profit
    Last edited by dwcopple; 02-18-2018 at 09:34 AM.

MGO Board of Directors

Thanks for the advice dwcopple.
    I'll keep that in mind, as an alternative, if nobody bites on the original offer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast