Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Field and Stream

Who has experience with Field and Stream safes? What are your thoughts? What do you like or dislike about them?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyharry View Post
    Who has experience with Field and Stream safes? What are your thoughts? What do you like or dislike about them?
    I wouldn't buy (or even take it if they were free) anything from Field and Stream, or their parent company Dick's for any reason. It could be one of the best on the market and I would go elsewhere.

They don't deserve our patronage after what they did after Sandyhook.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    I wouldn't buy (or even take it if they were free) anything from Field and Stream, or their parent company Dick's for any reason. It could be one of the best on the market and I would go elsewhere.

If I may interject... sometimes they sell things at considerably lower than you can find any competitor. When they are selling a $300 gun for $50 less than the next store, I presume they are taking a small hit on those items to get people in the door. I have no problem buying those.
    Otherwise, I shop elsewhere.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Banned
    Yup, if I boycotted every company I had issues with I would never buy much.
    Colt,Smith & Wesson, Ruger, H & K, Kahr Springfield

MGO Member
    On an old sled site, someone put a list together of places to not patronize. Either because they were tree huggers, environment Waco’s or of the sort.

The list was so long. It was a real eye opener.

The site is now gone but I bet most of those companies would fall into the same category here.

I am a Forum User
    I dont know about theses safes , but I got a able safe from ables in pinconning , it is very sturdy and I have not had any issues with it easy combination dial , which I prefer as no battery's to deal with and dial combos have been around forever . got a deceit price on it as well.its the end of the year so they may have sales going on as well. good luck

Quote Originally Posted by rdarabos View Post
    I dont know about theses safes , but I got a able safe from ables in pinconning , it is very sturdy and I have not had any issues with it easy combination dial , which I prefer as no battery's to deal with and dial combos have been around forever . got a deceit price on it as well.its the end of the year so they may have sales going on as well. good luck
    Another Vote for Able in Pinconning. I bought My Brahma safe there, 5 or 6 years ago, no issues what so ever, Nice people to deal with!
    "Tell Me No Lies, I'll ask you No Questions"

NRA Life Member
    MGO Member

NRA RSO

NRA CRSO
    MOC Member

Unless otherwise noted, my posts represent my personal opinion, and are not an official position, opinion, or endorsement by MGO or the MGO BOD.

I am a Forum User
    The F&S are the low end of the safe industry. Thin metal, cheap electronic locks, minimal amount of securing bolts... My amsec safe is twice the weight for the same size. All that weight is steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post

And what is it they did?
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

MGO Member
    Dicks stopped selling Ar15s after Sandy Hook. Now they wont sell anything like that including AKs. I am not a big AR or AK guy, but I wont shop at either Dicks or Field and Stream any longer. I spend way more on non-firearms there in the past. Sports Authority hired a new leader in the 1990s. She did not like firearms and so started to shut off the supply to the stores. There was no boycott there, just a natural loss of business. Outdoor people are outdoor people. I don't know who these stores know their clientele.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast