Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

A 2nd Amendment Thought Experiment

A 2nd Amendment Thought Experiment

By Peter Skurkis
    American Thinker
    February 7th. 20189

Here's a simple thought experiment regarding the 2nd Amendment. What do you think the U.S. would be like if we didn't have it?

Without the 2nd Amendment, firearms would likely be highly restricted and controlled. Various state legislatures might not vote for that, but it would come about through a combination of federal action, judicial decisions, and bureaucratic decrees. Violent crime would probably be higher as an unarmed citizenry is easy prey for criminals. In all likelihood, America would look like other Anglo countries such as Australia and Great Britain with respect to gun ownership.

That's the easy part of the answer. But there's more to it than that. Without the 2nd Amendment, might not the social and cultural landscape of America be different from what it is today?
    Last edited by Smokepole; 02-08-2018 at 02:38 PM.

The link takes you to Breitbart's article on bump stock control.
    “The path of the warrior is difficult!
    We live to protect those who cannot protect themselves!
    Honor in serving!
    Honor in defending!
    Honor in dying for a just cause!”

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeto View Post
    The link takes you to Breitbart's article on bump stock control.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    ...Link has been corrected.

items covered in the NFA (1934) would have been banned rather than taxed. I suspect firearm ownership would still be a big part of American culture. Many courts treated the 2nd amendment as a collective right until Heller anyway. You could argue that more restrictive laws weren't passed because they feared a challenge on 2nd amendment grounds but I don't believe our laws would mirror England or Australia. Probably more like Canada.