Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Depending on situation I carry either a PPQ or Glock 43.

I’m not a Glock fanboy, although I do carry the 43 and own a 17. I’ve previously carried a Shield, XDS and even tried an LCR and a S&W j frame. The 43 has been my favorite.

PPQ is by far my favorite pistol and I think I saw they’re doing a sub compact model this year. I might have to check it out.

Good luck.

No budget? H&K or, Wilson.

Just something to do what you need it to do when you need it to its job? Glock.

There are plenty of other options. It is like buying a Car, what are you going to be using it for? Ie, racing, off roading, daily commuter, kiddo shuttle bus, Show car?

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeep olllllo View Post
    Coyote. I have carried over 40 different guns. I finally got around to trying out the Glock 19. There is a reason so many suggest it. Its a great carry gun, and conceals well with the right holster. IMHO when it comes to proper concealed carry, the holster and belt are as important as the gun. A Glock 26 is a great carry piece as well.

The Glock 19 I carry now replaced an HK USP compact. Even though they are about the same size, for some reason the Glock carries better. Its hard to explain.

Unlike the SCCY, for the most part its very rare to have a key part on a Glock break.

FWIW on carry guns I prefer to buy used. Mainly because all of the finickyness (<yeah, that's a word) has already been worked out of the gun. and the gun will have been shot enough to be "broken in". Just one mans opinion.
    Glock replacing an HK uspc? Isn't that going backwards in quality?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dpa View Post
    Glock replacing an HK uspc? Isn't that going backwards in quality?
    Good question. I have owned many HK's and many Glocks. Neither of them have ever had any issues.

in my own opinion, the HK's feel like they are better made. Perhaps HK's are "overbuilt" while the Glock is built good enough.

Glock 19 is hands down the best value.

I carry a Colt

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeep olllllo View Post
    Good question. I have owned many HK's and many Glocks. Neither of them have ever had any issues.

in my own opinion, the HK's feel like they are better made. Perhaps HK's are "overbuilt" while the Glock is built good enough.
    Agreed. I have both and shoot/carry both.

I am a Forum User
    Once again, I want to thank everyone for the advice. After looking around and test firing some.

I went out and bought a Walther PPQ SC.

Also since I was a good boy this year the wife gave me cash on our anniversary which allowed me to go buy a back up Ruger LCP II.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by Slossar1004 View Post
    Depending on situation I carry either a PPQ or Glock 43.

I’m not a Glock fanboy, although I do carry the 43 and own a 17. I’ve previously carried a Shield, XDS and even tried an LCR and a S&W j frame. The 43 has been my favorite.

PPQ is by far my favorite pistol and I think I saw they’re doing a sub compact model this year. I might have to check it out.

Good luck.
    PPQ SC is already out. M2 version is $500 at gunbuyer
    P99C AS was $340 earlier this week at shootstraight. It went out of stock in a couple hours, then it came back in stock briefly. Then ZYALTR called me this afternoon to tell me mine showed up at his house today. I had to run out of the room and answer quietly so my wife didn't find out I ordered it :-/

EDIT - see? its out and in the wild. No idea what it's going for at retail joints.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    PPQ SC is already out. M2 version is $500 at gunbuyer
    P99C AS was $340 earlier this week at shootstraight. It went out of stock in a couple hours, then it came back in stock briefly. Then ZYALTR called me this afternoon to tell me mine showed up at his house today. I had to run out of the room and answer quietly so my wife didn't find out I ordered it :-/

EDIT - see? its out and in the wild. No idea what it's going for at retail joints.
    I hope these prices keep going down. I plan on accumulating more firearms this summer.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

MGO Member Forum User
    I'm sure I'll get jumped on for this, but the HK P30 has come down in price by quite a bit. You can get them now for barely more than a Glock. Glocks are great guns, but HK build quality blows Glock's out of the water. Glocks are built strong and reliable, while HKs are over-engineered and bomb proof. That being said, I'd get a Glock over a VP9 if we're talking strictly striker-fired guns. The VP9, while a good gun, doesn't seem to have the same over-engineered quality that the P30 or USP have.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast