Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Best quality for the price?

I am fairly new to the party here, I know from reading plenty of post, preference and comfort has it's own place in this discussion, this is regarding EDC.

What is the best quality handgun manufacturer for the price? Taking into account reliability, accuracy and pricepoint.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

90% of people on here will tell you Glock 19. I argued with that for about 5 years, before just deciding to buy and carry one and now it's my EDC.

Don't get me wrong, I still prefer SIG, CZ, FN, etc but those all cost big bucks compared to a Glock and you get the same quality. Glock is phenomenal, I've never had one jam or mess up at the range, and the price is very affordable.

If you want something a little smaller, go Glock 43 which is about $500 or S&W Shield which runs about $350 (or less if you can find a sale).

If you want something all metal with no polymer frame, SIG P229 or CZ 75 Compact are a good choice...just a bit more money.

Spent my money on a Walther PPQ, great build quality, ergonomic grip, good capacity, accurate and a outstanding trigger. In the polymer $400-500 range, I think it is hard to beat.
    There are many good options, Glock 19, Sig P320, S&W M&P, there is no perfect carry, jump in to what you like and go from there, they tend to multiply.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I am a Forum User
    It is totally subjective and based around your personal budget. For some a Glock fills the need. For others an HK or Wilson Combat.

MGO Member
    Hard to beat glock,Smith & wesson M&P series or CZ 75..

I am a Forum User
    Thanks, I dont mind paying $500.00 for a dependable and accurate EDC. But seeing these $800 to $1000 is getting out of my range along with having to buy the addition items to go with it (ammo, extra magazines, holsters, etc).

Don't feel comfortable carrying the SCCY I do now for reliability. I work in not so good areas of Detroit at night by myself at times.

What's the budget, that's the big question. If you've got $500 to spend, there are a ton of good options.
    Do you like polymer? All metal? Striker or hammer?
    If you give a few more details, you'll get some very good answers here.

Dice

I am a Forum User
    I am new to this realm, lol. Been studying up but not real familiar with the specific nuance in the differences of polymer to alloy to stainless other than looks. Guess I need to study a little more before jumping in to a new one.

I am a Forum User
    Get this: https://www.migunowners.org/forum/sh...-0-compact-9mm

Or maybe this:https://www.migunowners.org/forum/sh...erview-400-OBO

Either one; both good guys to deal with too.
    Personally, I hate Glocks.....I only own five. I EDC one, compete with one, back-up with one, gave one to my niece...I hate Glocks
    but they are a good value and work, always.

Joe

Just get a Glock and be done. Then you can graduate to something more refined and maintain more.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast