Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Seekins MCSR V2 10" Handguard/Barrel nut install

I have built many AR's and installed all different types of handguards but never a Seekins. Now this barrel nut only had four holes that go all the way through for the gas tube, which limits the timing of the barrel nut. It installed well, I tightened it down three times and backed it off before I did the final and torqued it to specs. When I put the hanguard on the top rails had a gap? In order to get the nut a full quarter turn to the next gas tube hole it would be far beyond the torque spec (maybe not even possible to get that tight). Also looks like to much exposed threads on the receiver like the nut is not threaded on enough.

I did email Seekins and they did respond the same day and ask for pictures and told me it was a two piece barrel nut. I do not how this is a two piece, I used the hex end on the front of the nut to tighten it. I'm waiting for Seekins to answer me, but thought maybe someone here has installed one of these or just have some experience with Seekins handguards.20180207_172525.jpg

I am a Forum User

I am a Forum User
    So I must be wrong and it is a two piece, I found this...............

https://www.wingtactical.com/firearm...v2-m-lok-rail/

I tried to copy the picture of the barrel nut but it's to small. It looks like you must get the larger nut on first, then the small nut on last? I must just need to tighten the larger nut than re-torque the small nut, the torque specs must not matter with the larger nut because it is not holding on the barrel?

All the image searching I have done looks like a few different types of barrel nuts? Some two piece and some not. I don't remember seeing anything about the two piece design in the instructions?

I am a Forum User
    After a few hours of trying to get two barrel nuts timed and an hour of 'fitting the handguard' I got it! Hands down the most difficult handguard I have ever installed. I have had other products from Seekins and been happy and always seemed good quality. Not sure if I got a bad one here but I expected much better from Seekins. fixed.jpgfixed_3.jpg