Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    I am a Forum User
    I'll consider this a good sign for us gun folk. https://nypost.com/2018/02/26/florid...to-carry-guns/

I am a Forum User
    Alright old timers. Trump just supported feinstein and her assault ban, I'm back to worried. What components do you guys think would be banned if this goes through? Just serialized receivers? All components of the rifles? I have FAL, AK, RPD, and AR builds I need to do, and I can't afford all of those parts right now.

I am a Forum User
    If it goes through the nuts would want all the "evil" features gone , if your magazine box is over flowing I wouldn't worry to much about the rest of the build . It might be a good idea to concentrate on building only those with parts that interchange with most of what you have ........ and have the ammo to feed .

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by mikek2111987 View Post
    Alright old timers. Trump just supported feinstein and her assault ban, I'm back to worried. What components do you guys think would be banned if this goes through? Just serialized receivers? All components of the rifles? I have FAL, AK, RPD, and AR builds I need to do, and I can't afford all of those parts right now.
    same banned parts as 94 bill.

You want to buy your muzzle brakes/flash hider, bayonet lug, pistol grip. Trigger groups, barrels, foregrips, internal parts etc will be fine. Ohh forgot, super killy folding stock. Get an ak folding mechanism.

If you already have serialized receivers I imagine they are not going to upend everything with regards to what constitutes a gun.

I know it's 2 yrs old thread, did anyone squirrel things away? I myself was dealing with a person at work who was looking for ammo a couple of months ago, even though I don't need ammo, I ordered a case of 9mm and 1/2 case of 5.56 while they ordered a few cases. BOOM! Ammo is crazy right now.

Just curious if you planned for this like I did?
    Bob M

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I know it's 2 yrs old thread, did anyone squirrel things away? I myself was dealing with a person at work who was looking for ammo a couple of months ago, even though I don't need ammo, I ordered a case of 9mm and 1/2 case of 5.56 while they ordered a few cases. BOOM! Ammo is crazy right now.

Bob M
    Been squirreling away things since I graduated college. Enough that all my personal friends come to me to buy/find things. Unfortunately I can only sell at replacement cost. People on here complain about gouging and there is such a thing, but I can't sell below replacement cost or else I lose. Poor planning on your part doesn't constitute an emergency on my part.

A friend called me recently and wanted an ar. I had all parts necessary to build something sweet. I priced out a complete package, chf rifle 16" barrel, 15" handguard, sling, light, sights, case, 6 mags, and 1,000 rounds...my replacement cost $1,900. Now, I didn't pay that much but if I want to replace that's about what it'll cost. Lowers cost twice as much, ammo the same, mag prices are up...everything. crazy times

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I know it's 2 yrs old thread, did anyone squirrel things away? ~~~~~~~

Bob M
    Bob,
    This was a good thread in 2018, and an eye opener just two years later.
    With a national election forthcoming, right now prices may look GREAT in two more years.

If you can afford to stock up, you will never be sorry.

Thanks for the great posts!
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    I got back into guns about 13 years ago, during a shortage. Had to hunt around for ammo that wasn’t horribly overpriced, just to shoot. After that shortage, I stocked up a bit. A few years later, life got real rough for a couple years, and I sold almost everything gun related. Life got better, and I stock piled. Few years ago, got into reloading and stocked up on components. Now I’m selling ammo here and there, making a little money, but not ripping people off. Still have enough for me.

Had a couple coworkers who were looking at getting into guns last year. Told them do it now, and stock up, because of the prices and upcoming election. Tried working a deal with 2 of them to sell them rifles, mags, and ammo. Was a good price then, ridiculously low now. They didn’t follow through. Now look at the current market and economy. Surprisingly, haven’t heard from either of them since.

Quote Originally Posted by BMT85 View Post
    I got back into guns about 13 years ago, during a shortage. Had to hunt around for ammo that wasn’t horribly overpriced, just to shoot. After that shortage, I stocked up a bit. A few years later, life got real rough for a couple years, and I sold almost everything gun related. Life got better, and I stock piled. Few years ago, got into reloading and stocked up on components. Now I’m selling ammo here and there, making a little money, but not ripping people off. Still have enough for me.

Had a couple coworkers who were looking at getting into guns last year. Told them do it now, and stock up, because of the prices and upcoming election. Tried working a deal with 2 of them to sell them rifles, mags, and ammo. Was a good price then, ridiculously low now. They didn’t follow through. Now look at the current market and economy. Surprisingly, haven’t heard from either of them since.
    they are too ashamed to bring it up.

What did you try to set them up with at what price?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456