Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coctailer View Post
    Buy ammo.
    Cases and cases and cases of ammo.
    I couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by mikek2111987 View Post
    Damn conversations like this. Make me want to buy everything, even worse than normal. The pmags are the only thing I don't totally agree with, unless they get banned completely a new gen will eventually come out and make the previous cheaper and obsolete

But... I'll buy some more anyways. Some lancer mags too. RPK kit is high on the list too
    They will dry up, you can unload them for triple what you paid.

There are millions of people with ar15s and the one or two mags the rifle came with. When ban talk heats up, they suddenly want 30rd, 50rd, drums, armor piercing rds from the 90s, all sorts of stuff they could have bought for years.

You unload the pmags you bought this year in 2019 and really take em to the bank.

But buy lancers also, buy a whole bunch, buy some brownells aluminum. Stack em high. Especially since they are plastic. I have over 20 metal surplus mags for all my rifles. I would buy more if I did not know they would last for ever and its enough.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

30 or so 30rd mags split between magpul and D&H aluminum, and a handful more of thermold, tapco, etc...
    I might buy more. PSA is pretty much giving them away, so no reason not to.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Wife says "Buy what you want now." Although I really don't see any changes coming (they might play with the age requirement, that seems to be the most likely) like a new AWB or federal magazine ban when she tells me to spend money on guns I never let a crisis go to waste.

PSA has AK mags for 10.99 ea and AR mags for 9.99 ea. and Glock 22 mags for (dang) 23.78. When did they get so expensive?

Any of you deal hunters know anywhere cheaper? Now to look for ammo...

Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    it sucks being poor right now when everything is cheap
    Buy the important parts. Buy 2 ar 15 recievers, 2 ak recievers. I would go get two aero precision. I would get an ar15 and a 308 reciever.

One 7.62x39 and one 5.45x39

http://www.nodakspud.com/AK%20Receivers.htm

https://www.classicfirearms.com/ak-7...9-waffen-werks

Try to scrounge up the money for two total minimu, put them in the safe and in one year, 5 years who knows you can build them. Cheap insurance.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    Buy the important parts. Buy 2 ar 15 recievers, 2 ak recievers. I would go get two aero precision. I would get an ar15 and a 308 reciever.

One 7.62x39 and one 5.45x39

http://www.nodakspud.com/AK%20Receivers.htm

https://www.classicfirearms.com/ak-7...9-waffen-werks

Try to scrounge up the money for two total minimu, put them in the safe and in one year, 5 years who knows you can build them. Cheap insurance.
    I'm sorry, i wasn't clear.
    It sucks currently being poor and unable to buy MORE than what i already have.
    I've got an A1 build, an m4 build, a couple sbr builds, a couple pistol builds, and some others that don't fit any of those categories. and a few more lowers packed away...
    I'd have more if I didn't give a few away at christmas...
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

i like that idea about AK receivers though... I should pack a few of those away and worry about build kits later.
    know of any in 7.62x39?

i like that idea about AK receivers though... I should pack a few of those away and worry about build kits later.
    know of any in 7.62x39?
    I have not kept up on ak builds lately to know what the cool kids buy, but nodak used to be considered a good quality source. There are 80% ak receivers as well that are out now, and do not forget about flats, they can be found under 30 bucks.

I have been tempted to pick up a few just because I think I have 30-40 years more of shooting in my, who knows what Ill need in 20 years.

I learned from my dad uncles, old neighbors etc about cheap import guns lik hk rifles, uzis etc in the 80s they curse themselves for not buying, or not buying more of. I think my dad had 6 mak90s and 6 sks at one time total price around $1200-1400. My uncle shows me old ads of HKs for so cheap I want to puke.

I am a Forum User
    know of any in 7.62x39?
    I'd worry about build kits first, they are already slowing down/getting more expensive. US made receivers have never faltered
    Pick up FAL parts while you can. They are quickly going away
    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    OK, i went though the assault weapons ban of 94, and the 89 ban, blah,blah, Blah!
    With that said, I have amassed a decent amount of Mags for guns I have, and guns I might own in the future, I remember a few yrs ago PMAGS were commanding a premium. I have a 100 AR-15 mags, and 30 Glock mags squirreled away, plus some odd ball items I might need.

I suggest everyone quietly pick up mags over the next few months and put them away for the future. This way you won't have to pay $65 bucks for Glock mags 20 yrs ago Like I did.

Now is the time to buy?

Bob M
    Not trying to start an argument, but having lived through those MAJOR changes in gun laws, what have you seen since other than a couple freak outs? Where we think changes are coming and buy up everything we can, only being our own worst enemies. The only actual bans I can think of are the Russian import bans. Like I said, not trying to start and argument, only looking at the other side.

I'd worry about build kits first, they are already slowing down/getting more expensive. US made receivers have never faltered
    Pick up FAL parts while you can. They are quickly going away
    I picked up a fal clone right AFTER the 2008 election because I always wanted one, and the price did not change. Aks and ar15 were up double to triple price.

Fals, hk91/ptr, 308 saigas, did not go up even $20.

I suggest getting what you want, but for $1100 fal clone you could buy that much in blemish ar15 lowers and triple your money.

Not trying to start an argument, but having lived through those MAJOR changes in gun laws, what have you seen since other than a couple freak outs? Where we think changes are coming and buy up everything we can, only being our own worst enemies. The only actual bans I can think of are the Russian import bans. Like I said, not trying to start and argument, only looking at the other side.
    Kind of, its like saying when the economy sinks, ok everyone, calm down, go back to work, keep spending money and your 401k will go back up, nothing to worry about.

Its not how it works.

They banned saturday night specials, and full autos. They banned chinese handguns and rifles. They banned armour piericing rds. They are going to ban bump stocks. They had the 1994 ban.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast