Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Minnesota: More Guns, Less Violent Crime

Minnesota: More Guns, Less Violent Crime

By AWR Hawkins
    Breitbart
    February 16th. 2018

Minnesota is coming off a year of record-breaking background checks for gun sales coupled with statistics that show record low violent crime.

CBS Minnesota reports that “the state set a new record for firearms background checks” in 2017. That record follows the issuance of a record number of Minnesota concealed carry permits–71,156–in 2016.

Amid these gun purchases and concealed carry permit issuance records something else was happening–crime was falling. That state’s “violent crime rate hit a 50-year low in 2016.”

In other words, while the establishment media and Hollywood celebrities are pushing gun control as an answer to crime, Minnesotans are are buying guns and violent crime is receding.

CBS Minnesota refers to this scenario as a “reality check.”

Well that's an inconvenient truth for the liberal narrative.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

I am a Forum User
    A great report up until the very last part.

But we don’t know how many total guns there are in the state, or exactly how many gun owners there are, or how much ammunition is sold every year.
    Explain to me WHY you would need to know these things?

MGO Member Forum User
    They'd love to know, but I doubt they would believe just how wide spread firearms ownership is.