Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Pocket pistols

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator Shyster's Avatar

Pocket pistols

OK, after much angst I have decided that there ARE some occasions coming soon where my only viable carry option will be pocket carry. Since I have never even considered purchasing a pocket gun before I am looking for recommendations based on the following:

1. I HATE striker-fired guns and would greatly prefer a hammer gun.

2. Nothing smaller than 9mm.

3. Price is no object at all.

I prefer semi-autos but I may entertain a revolver.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners. Any opinion I express on an issue should not be considered legal advice.

For those interested in establishing an NFA or Gun Trust click here. For my contact information click here. Follow me on Twitter @makowskilegal or my website www.makowskilegal.com

I know you said no striker fired, but I do pocket carry my Springfield XDS 45.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a Forum User
    Seems like the Sig P938 is right up your alley.

Hammer fired 1911 style w thumb safety, 9mm semi-auto

It ticks all the boxes.

MGO Board of Directors

When I was in the market for a pocket pistol, I tried a number of them and hated most.

Accuracy was just a concept with many of them. Even though most self-defense scenarios are up close and personal, it still helps to know that you CAN hit the side of a barn with your carry pistol.

Don at Firing Line handed me his personal Sig P232 and told me to take it out on the range and give it a try.

It is now my favorite pocket pistol (not his, I bought my own!).

But…it is a .380, so it doesn't quite meet your criteria…cause…you know….380 bullets will just bounce off heavy jackets and such!
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Sig P938 SAS. Mine is utterly reliable, more accurate than it ever should be and very handsome.

I use a hammerless j frame design. Have both S&W and Tarus. Practice matters Both are 38 special and I use a speed strip for extra rounds as they lay flat.

I am confident in the performance of the round.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Just tryin ta keep it real !!

You’re more than welcome to try out my M&P 340PD... weighs half as much as my Shield. I carry it in my coat pocket all fall/winter/spring and in my back pocket in the summer.

If looking for slimmer than that, Kahr’s PM9 would be worth looking at. Long and heavy (though smooth) trigger makes me more comfortable carrying it in a pocket holster.

Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

Of all my small handguns, the one I'll always grab for pocket carry is my S&W 340PD. I know how you feel about lasers but it wears a CTC LG-405 set of grips. You can shut them off when you leave the house if you wish. They have a heavily padded backstrap so one can actually shoot that 11.8 oz. beast with .357s and not wreck your hand. Plus they're compact and don't extend below the grip frame. I have it with me around the house all the time as you can easily forget you have it on you. Scandium frame, titanium cylinder, internal hammer means nothing to snag.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/model-340-pd
    Last edited by Imshootin; 02-19-2018 at 04:31 PM.
    If you are better off than you were 4 years ago....................you are probably an ILLEGAL INVADER.

Sig P290 might be up your alley. Small single stack 9, DAO, no safety to flick.
    Last edited by Cocowheats; 02-19-2018 at 01:58 PM.

MGO Member
    The original Ruger LC9 is a very good pocket pistol. The trigger is DAO but very smooth. I carried it every day for 4 weeks in my pocket when my dad was in the hospital. It is still my EDC gun, though typically IWB with a belt clip even though I often slip it into my front pocket if in doors wearing a tucked in shirt or no other cover.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast