Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Pocket pistols

Quote Originally Posted by Shyster View Post
    Peacemakers in Howell did a torture test on several semiautos and the owner said "Kahrs make my list of 100 worst guns of all time." I respect Matt's opinion.
    I traded mine for a Glock if that tells you anything. I'm not recommending blocks, it's gone too now.

May I suggest larger pockets that fits your EDC? Or, maybe something like this that you can wear at the beach with your banana hammock speedo.

https://thegunzone.com/best-fanny-pack-holster-reviews/

shyster will you actually carry it in your pocket loose, or in a pocket holster ?

I might have missed why you nixed the sig 938, I was looking at it being my first gun with a manual safety, that was the only thing not getting me to jump on it, or the p238 the 380.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator Shyster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    shyster will you actually carry it in your pocket loose, or in a pocket holster ?

I might have missed why you nixed the sig 938, I was looking at it being my first gun with a manual safety, that was the only thing not getting me to jump on it, or the p238 the 380.
    My plan is a pocket holster. A P938 is possible but I am a little concerned about cocked and locked in my pocket

If I could design my own pocket gun it would be a single stack, slightly shortened, LEM HK P30sk.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners. Any opinion I express on an issue should not be considered legal advice.

For those interested in establishing an NFA or Gun Trust click here. For my contact information click here. Follow me on Twitter @makowskilegal or my website www.makowskilegal.com

My plan is a pocket holster. A P938 is possible but I am a little concerned about cocked and locked in my pocket

If I could design my own pocket gun it would be a single stack, slightly shortened, LEM HK P30sk.
    that would be awsome if they could get it down to 17 or 18 ounces from current 24 ounce.

UPDATE!

Stopped at my LGS and he had a Kimber Solo on consignment. Nearly everything I wanted so it came home with me.

Only annoyance is it came with CT laser grips. Trying to decide if it's worth buying new grips or living with them. I can shut it off I guess.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners. Any opinion I express on an issue should not be considered legal advice.

For those interested in establishing an NFA or Gun Trust click here. For my contact information click here. Follow me on Twitter @makowskilegal or my website www.makowskilegal.com

MGO Member
    Oh no you didn't.

I have an updated one. Mag Springs are stiffer then a teenage boy on prom night.

Carries well, shoots well. No issues as if yet even with crap ammo.

MGO Member
    I'm really surprised you passed on the micro and picked up the solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledhead View Post
    I'm really surprised you passed on the micro and picked up the solo.
    Cocked and locked concerned me for pocket carry. The hammer would be one more thing to catch on clothing when drawing.

Also, i fully admit it was an impulse buy. I must be channeling Somecrazygreek.

I am a Forum User
    OK, after much angst I have decided that there ARE some occasions coming soon where my only viable carry option will be pocket carry. Since I have never even considered purchasing a pocket gun before I am looking for recommendations based on the following:

1. I HATE striker-fired guns and would greatly prefer a hammer gun.

2. Nothing smaller than 9mm.

3. Price is no object at all.

I prefer semi-autos but I may entertain a revolver.
    How large are your pockets, how much weight can you haul around in your pocket without dragging your pants down, or printing?

I pocket carry a LOT (like ALL the time everywhere) in the hot summer months (mostly shorts or blue jeans) & have tried a number of different guns (most mentioned by the posters in this thread).

Can I carry a larger 9mm-- sure, but not with daily comfort or ease (every day). Even a Ruger LC9 is a pain at times.

So after a number of years of pocket carrying it has come down to 2 basic guns (or at times both, one in each front pocket). My main carry is a Ruger LCP .380 (I know you said 9mm but I'm just saying what I carry). The newer .380 ammo is pretty decent & actually I don't feel under gunned with modern .380 ammo.

The other pocket carry is a Ruger LCR in .327 Federal. Don't underestimate the .327 Federal as it is has real power (way more than a 9mm). The Ruger LCR in .327 Federal also holds one more round so holds 6 rounds. Very lightweight gun for it's power potential. It is also a hammer gun but with an internal hammer.

You mention that you don't like striker guns but keep in mind that an exposed hammer on a pocket carry can be a real pain to get out of a pocket in a hurry.

I understand your 9mm requirement but don't use that 9mm requirement to buy a gun that you won't pocket carry ALL THE TIME. If you buy a pocket gun that is not a simple small pocket drop-in & hides easily in all clothes then there will times that you just don't carry it due to dress requirements or conditions. Just remember that a small .380 IN YOUR POCKET beats the heck out of a nice 9mm left in your car or at home.

One advantage to a revolver (like the LCR) is it's ability to be fired through a coat pocket from inside the pocket (no slide or exposed hammer to bind it up). In cooler weather with a coat on then carrying in a coat pocket has it's advantages. Like pumping gasoline in a bad area. One hand on the pump nozzle & one hand in your pocket on your revolver. You don't look armed, you don't need to brandish, you just slowly face the threat & pull the trigger (shoot right through your coat pocket). I have an old coat with bullet holes & powder burns on the R/H pocket as I practice shooting through the pocket from time to time.

Even in the winter or cooler weather when carrying a 9mm or .40 in a IWB holster you could carry a second smaller gun in a pocket (like a .380 LCP as the LCP is flat & small enough to not print in anything worn). When entering a gun free mass target zones I suppose a person could leave the IWB carry in the truck but the LCP in the pocket could be retained.

I am a Forum User
    UPDATE!

Stopped at my LGS and he had a Kimber Solo on consignment. Nearly everything I wanted so it came home with me.

Only annoyance is it came with CT laser grips. Trying to decide if it's worth buying new grips or living with them. I can shut it off I guess.
    Flip the grips on eBay for big $

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast