Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

FMAP FN FAL Question

Hello!

I am looking for information on my Argentinian FMAP FN FAL rifle. I somewhat blindly purchased this a few years back and found out from an MGO member that it is a kit build. It is my understanding the rear sight, possibly front sight and handguard are incorrect. I added the DSA rail and brass catcher, works awesome with zero issues. I am considering selling it to move into the .308 AR platform as I am more familiar with those style rifles. I appreciate any and all information.

Thanks!
    Brad

I am a Forum User

FMAP FN FAL Kit Question

Hello!

I am looking for information on my Argentinian FMAP FN FAL rifle. I somewhat blindly purchased this a few years back and found out from an MGO member that it is a kit build. It is my understanding the rear sight, possibly front sight and handguard are incorrect. I added the DSA rail(have original and handle) and brass catcher, works awesome with zero issues. I am considering selling it to move into the .308 AR platform as I am more familiar with those style rifles. I appreciate any and all information with regard to value and this build.

Thanks!
    Brad

I am a Forum User
    Awesome, thank you. Any idea on what else would need to be replaced to make it all correct?

Quote Originally Posted by bronco2019 View Post
    Awesome, thank you. Any idea on what else would need to be replaced to make it all correct?
    I think you have the correct handguard look closer, I tried to zoom in, its not the best picture, it looks to be the one dsa shells, and that front sight is the argy front sight. I am unsure on the rear sight.
    Last edited by dirtmcgirt76239; 03-09-2018 at 10:40 AM.

I am a Forum User
    Sounds good, thanks! Any idea what it is worth?

I am a Forum User
    Looks quite correct actually, based off this:

gunbroker.com has some similar rifles starting around $1000.

MGO Board of Directors

Merged duplicate/cross-posted threads.

-Admin
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Almost all FALs are kit builds. If you have an all original, then expect it to go from $3500-6000. Most Argie Fals go from 1000-1500 depending on what the receiver (on FALS the upper is the receiver, older DS serial number ones are better, newer DSA serial number ones are a bit less, Coonan are ok, and enterprise/centurycan be issues). Value also depends on how historic it is and if it is built on a matching kit. www.falfiles.com is the internet source for all things FAL.

I am a Forum User
    I appreciate all the tips. I may post it on falfiles and see what they think. I am leaning towards selling it to move into an LAR-8. I'm familiar with that platform and its functions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast