Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    MGO Member
    They should be barred from military service also. After all, combining youth and firearms is a recipe for disaster. I'm sure they'll probably make ROTC switch to airsoft.
    Washtenaw Sportsman's Club member
    NRA Certified RSO (Thanks MGO)
    NRA Member

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JLHOG View Post
    I read the other day 11 teens die everyday from texting and driving. Not sure if it is true, I read it on the internet.
    https://www.nhtsa.gov/risky-driving/distracted-driving
    Distracted driving is dangerous, claiming 3,477 lives in 2015 alone.
    391,000 were injured by distracted drivers in 2015.

And from the CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafe...factsheet.html

In 2015, 2,333 teens in the United States ages 16–19 were killed and 221,313 were treated in emergency departments for injuries suffered in motor vehicle crashes.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    So if we increased the age for driving to 21 we could save 2,333 lives a year.
    If we eliminated driving distractions (I'm guessing, cell phones, radio/sound systems) we could save 3,477 lives a year.

If we completely eliminated AR-15 and AK-47 rifles from 1966 to present, we could have saved 55 student lives over the last > 50 years.

So, completely banning AR-15/AK-47 rifles would have saved 55 student lives from school mass shootings.
    Banning all in car distraction devices could possibly save 3,477 in just one year one year alone.

You would think there would be massive protests asking the government to do something about distracted driving.
    Holding up signs to ban cell phone use in cars.
    Holding up signs to ban driving before 21.
    Look how many lives would be saved.
    Think of the children.

Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post

In 2015, 2,333 teens in the United States ages 16–19 were killed and 221,313 were treated in emergency departments for injuries suffered in motor vehicle crashes.
    If we eliminated driving distractions (I'm guessing, cell phones, radio/sound systems) we could save 3,477 lives a year.

If we completely eliminated AR-15 and AK-47 rifles from 1966 to present, we could have saved 55 student lives over the last > 50 years.

So, completely banning AR-15/AK-47 rifles would have saved 55 student lives from school mass shootings.
    Banning all in car distraction devices could possibly save 3,477 in just one year one year alone.

You would think there would be massive protests asking the government to do something about distracted driving.
    Think of the children.
    I wonder what the teens would say about if it saves just one life then its worth it, if the gps on the phone could not be turned off, and if it went more than 3.5 mph the phone ceased to take calls or be able to browse or text. Once you hit 21 you could receive calls, but still not text or browse.

I wonder if they would be fine with that ?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    I wonder what the teens would say about if it saves just one life then its worth it, if the gps on the phone could not be turned off, and if it went more than 3.5 mph the phone ceased to take calls or be able to browse or text. Once you hit 21 you could receive calls, but still not text or browse.

That was my whole point when I started this thread

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post

Their approach to this would be to bring more awareness to the risks of phone usage while driving.

By the way, didn't obama already begin raising the age of when an individual is an adult to 27? According to the ACA 27 is when your parents can cut you loose to face the real world. So, I think 27 should be the new age of majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash-hider View Post
    Their approach to this would be to bring more awareness to the risks of phone usage while driving.

By the way, didn't obama already begin raising the age of when an individual is an adult to 27? According to the ACA 27 is when your parents can cut you loose to face the real world. So, I think 27 should be the new age of majority.
    I think it should be 25, 30 or 35. Those are the age requirements for a Representative, Senator or the President, respectively.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post

Think of the children.
    How many of those deaths were in General Motors vehicles?

I think you should have a background check & a 10 day waiting period before being able to buy one at 21 or over.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash-hider View Post

Their being the teens ?

Doubtful, most people and definitely todays teens are about rules for other people, that do not effect them one bit.

Saving lives with guns in one issue, saving lives with health insurance and medicine is another issue, saving lives with helmets is another issue, hell saving lives with ladder safety is another issue. Its all lives, thats not how they see it.

Texting effects them, they are not educated on it, they can easily rationalize what ever you try to show them, they would not be for it, and if they did, they would say they are ok in public but go home and rage out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123