Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Sandblasting in Lansing area

I have a painted shotgun that I would like to get sandblasted. Anyone who knows where I could get this done in the Lansing area? Mods sorry if this is in the wrong area. Thanks

do you want sand, or open to other things? I think for guns they usually reccomend aluminum oxide, plastic media, walnut shells.

Are you going to refinish it yourself, or hurry it to a shop because you have about 12-24 before microscopic rust will start forming.

If you are going to go home and refinish it with something a lot of autobody places will do anything. You can bring in a lamp, head board, door knobs etc and they will media blast them for you.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    do you want sand, or open to other things? I think for guns they usually reccomend aluminum oxide, plastic media, walnut shells.

Are you going to refinish it yourself, or hurry it to a shop because you have about 12-24 before microscopic rust will start forming.

If you are going to go home and refinish it with something a lot of autobody places will do anything. You can bring in a lamp, head board, door knobs etc and they will media blast them for you.
    Cool thanks. Rust is not an issue. Just a crappy spray paint job. I want to get the metal to bare bones and then Ceracoat or Duracoat. Not sure yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster 308 View Post
    Cool thanks. Rust is not an issue. Just a crappy spray paint job. I want to get the metal to bare bones and then Ceracoat or Duracoat. Not sure yet.
    if you farm out ther ceracoat they may want to clean it up the way they like.

If you're going to have it coated in something, then it'd be best to just leave it and let the company that is finishing it prep it to their standards. Media basting is a common step in prepping for a new finish.

PM forum member "Danco". He does a good job with Cerakote for a fair price.

If it's just spray paint, brake cleaner will probably strip it off.
    Last edited by Cocowheats; 02-24-2018 at 11:00 PM.