Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Surprising Experience at Dunham's

There have been numerous discussions about the clerks at our LGS. Today I stopped by the Dunham's in the Lansing Mall (thanks for the MGO members coupon, Mikeb32), and the clerk at the gun counter was trying to help a first-time gun buyer. She was trying to get him to explain what the purpose of the handgun was going to be, but he was really unclear. As she was showing him the various guns in the case, she really tried hard to guide him to a another LGS that has rentals and a range. Heck, I even stepped in to suggest he go there today, while our very own Cocowheats is the RSO. He didn't seem to be too keen on that idea.

What really impressed me was when he asked what it would take to buy a gun, and she flat out told him she would not be selling him a gun today. Her reasons were really solid; she told him she was not impressed with the way he was handling the guns (e.g., no muzzle discipline, never bothered trying the action). She strongly recommended he get some training then come back as a more educated consumer. And, all the while, there was no attitude on her part, none of the "I know better than you" approach that many others have complained about.

Also, I noted when I entered the Lansing Mall there were no signs indicating they are a gun-free zone. And I really looked hard. I know it's been a while since I've visited the mall, but I seem to recall no firearms signs posted. I'm glad they've changed - unless I missed something.

I am a Forum User
    Should OC in there sometime and see how long it takes to get asked to leave. lol

I am a Forum User
    kudos to that employee

That Dunham's employee certainly seems to have handled the situation well. That's definitely a refreshing story to hear! Thanks for sharing.

I am a Forum User
    I would suggest you look further into the malls “weapons policy”. You can search Lansing Mall on the MGO site.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

that's really cool. There has only been one dunhams employee that has ever even remotely impressed me (though that's because most of the time you can't find one to save your life).
    if he wouldn't say what he wanted it for, had no idea what to do with it, and didn't care to get a quick learnin... either she stopped a killer, or she stopped a journalist.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JK001 View Post
    I would suggest you look further into the malls “weapons policy”. You can search Lansing Mall on the MGO site.
    Why?

He looked, didn't see anything, that's more then he is required to do.

Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    if he wouldn't say what he wanted it for, had no idea what to do with it, and didn't care to get a quick learnin... either she stopped a killer, or she stopped a journalist.
    Astute observation. Although I might add yellow in front of journalist.

I am a Forum User
    Legit Question:
    [NOTWITHSTANDING STORE POLICY] Is there a law this person would have been breaking if he had purchased this item without having a thorough knowledge and prior experience of use?

Devil's Advocate:
    Should the same logic be applied to people buying bicycles who don't know how to ride yet?

Quote Originally Posted by JK001 View Post
    is there a dunhams inside the mall, or with a mall enterance like say a sears, or old navy ?

Thats funny if they have a no guns policy but there is a store selling guns in the mall.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast