Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Not a chance, would not consider firing those. Call Winchester, pretty sure they will help you out when they see the photo.

Quote Originally Posted by pjeski View Post
    Terrible choice of powder, terrible looking 9mm loads!
    Active airport shooter

Quote Originally Posted by Ibear1992 View Post
    The ammo in question is a 25 auto. Which I understand headspaces off of the semi-rim of the cartridge.
    You are semi-correct, it CAN head space off the rim, but it may also be head spaced from the mouth. It all depends on how the firearm was set up. The .25 ACP is one of the few that is that way.

You will have to wait for when you have the gun or reveal which gun it is before much else can be said.

I would still contact the manufacturer and ask them.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    The crimp on the left looks a bit heavy/excessive. Been reloading for 10 years now for revolver and auto pistol, never have used anything more than slight pressure on my ram. Just enough to press the "bell" of the case to the bullet, those that reload will understand that. But factories use automated equipment, so perhaps the adjustment was off on that batch, hence the reason for QC. Contact the company as already mentioned, get a refund or some new ammo.

I am a Forum User
    I just emailed the manufacturer about it. I will update once they respond.

I am a Forum User
    Guess I'm still not understanding why it being "overcrimped" can be a issue. Used to handled ALOT, but it was rifle and shotgun. Granted I haven't loaded anything since the early 2000's, sometimes we would get "dimples" in the rifle brass if we used to much case lube, but all the experts we would talk to would say don't worry about it they will come out when you shoot the cartridge. I can see where it might cause a "over pressure issue", is that the issue ????.

I am a Forum User
    Good rule, “when in doubt, throw it out” now in this case get hold of the manufacturer.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasher View Post
    Guess I'm still not understanding why it being "overcrimped" can be a issue. Used to handled ALOT, but it was rifle and shotgun. Granted I haven't loaded anything since the early 2000's, sometimes we would get "dimples" in the rifle brass if we used to much case lube, but all the experts we would talk to would say don't worry about it they will come out when you shoot the cartridge. I can see where it might cause a "over pressure issue", is that the issue ????.
    What I am concerned with is the round not head spacing properly.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibear1992 View Post
    What I am concerned with is the round not head spacing properly.
    Many times this kind 'crimping' indicates excessive cartridge case length. SAAMI/ANSI Z299-3 (2015) cartridge case length specification for .25 ACP is 0.615 inch, plus nothing, minus 0.020 inch. When the case mouth extends into the chamber leade, a pressure excursion can occur as the bullet launches out of the case. This can blow out the case base at the barrel extractor notch and then blow out the pistol's extractor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12