Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by john.41 View Post
    https://www.gunpartscorp.com/Pub/sch...bine_schem.jpg

This schematic shows the recoil block bolt that has to be removed.
    Huh, Numrich-just like I suggested ....
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I am a Forum User
    The buttstock through bolt which holds the receiver rear anchor block in place does not have to be spun out to disassemble the rifle. The rear of the Ruger .44 carbine receiver hooks into this block like the M-1 Carbine receiver hooks into its rear anchor block.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 10x25mm View Post
    The buttstock through bolt which holds the receiver rear anchor block in place does not have to be spun out to disassemble the rifle. The rear of the Ruger .44 carbine receiver hooks into this block like the M-1 Carbine receiver hooks into its rear anchor block.
    That kinda makes sense to me and I can visualize the relationship though I've never got too deep into these. During the disassembly you may find it necessary to just back off on the recoil block thru-bolt a tad to help loosen things up a bit.

I am a Forum User
    Thank you all again. The Numrich schematic shows the barrel band which these guns don't have. I'm going to try the loosening the front swivel and see if the action will come loose. The rear block looks like just an anchor for the back of the receiver and a recoil block. It would make sense that something has to hold down the front of the action instead of the barrel band so I'll try loosening or removing the front swivel. I wont get to it until this weekend (hopefully sooner) but I'll reply and let you all know how it goes. I'll try to post some pictures if I can figure out the process to do so. red4442joe, thank you and I was very much amazed when I found these. Uncle was very well off and took great care of the family it was only right that someone try and preserve these guns rather than letting them go to a stranger. I'm grateful to the family for letting me get them.

I am a Forum User
    Wow, just looked at my join date. I need to renew my membership.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Thank you all again. The Numrich schematic shows the barrel band which these guns don't have. I'm going to try the loosening the front swivel and see if the action will come loose. The rear block looks like just an anchor for the back of the receiver and a recoil block. It would make sense that something has to hold down the front of the action instead of the barrel band so I'll try loosening or removing the front swivel. I wont get to it until this weekend (hopefully sooner) but I'll reply and let you all know how it goes. I'll try to post some pictures if I can figure out the process to do so. red4442joe, thank you and I was very much amazed when I found these. Uncle was very well off and took great care of the family it was only right that someone try and preserve these guns rather than letting them go to a stranger. I'm grateful to the family for letting me get them.
    I doubt these guns will need a serious disassembly for general clean & lube though you will want the wood out of the way. Anyway as I've already said they are somewhat rare and valuable so be real careful with any pins you may need to drive out. Nothing burns up value like punch skips and scars.

Good luck and bring us a photo some time

I am a Forum User
    Thanks garbler. I've been doing some hobby gunsmithing for about 20 years but recently I haven't done much due to my full time job. My dexterity has taken a bit of a hit that's why I wanted the info on these rifles before I tore into them. I'm going to be as careful as I can. I tried to post a couple pics but I can't seem to find the way. I'll get my paid membership up to date and try again later.

I am a Forum User
    Trying to get a picture uploaded to see if this works. Haven't tried to disassemble the guns yet but wanted to get this out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am a Forum User
    Ha ha that worked pretty good. There's the twins. As soon as I get one of them apart I'll confirm the process. I'm going to try the front sling swivel and I'll post a pic when I get it apart.

I am a Forum User
    The Williams receiver sight requires an elevated front sight to shoot to point of aim at 100 yards on these rifles. Otherwise they shoot very high.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast