Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    See... I thought he was talking SMLE too...

He's not, it's some "funny gun" So I have withdrawn from this conversation...

MGO Member Forum User
    Mine's the American Enfield!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1917_Enfield

I am a Forum User
    Only thing I know is the '10-17' below the bomb stamp means the barrel (or probably the whole gun?) was made in October of 1917. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Always hurts me to see a milsurp chopped up like this, but then again this was done back when these things could be found anywhere cheaper than dirt. I do like finding them though with all the metal parts still intact (barrel, rear sight, complete reciever, ect.) and they only want like $150-$200 for it, THEN I'd say it's worth restoring. Snatch it up, go buy an original stock, barrel bands, action screws, hand guard, original magazine if it doesn't have one already, maybe a sling and bayonet, and BAM. I'd consider it a complete (enough) milsurp.

OMG , can't believe my eyes! they are magical, I saw one on an auction but I did not have enough $ to buy it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12