Name:  FullSizeRender-3.jpg
Views: 752
Size:  38.0 KB

Didn't have much time yesterday, so I apologize for not getting pictures of the target. I bought this for my wife, as she pretty much hates most striker fired triggers except Glock, but doesn't like holding onto a brick and my G43 feels too small to her. Likes the trigger on revolvers, but not a fan of their recoil. She absolutely loves DA/SA triggers though, which I find odd. Well, after putting all of this together the XDE actually fits the bill perfectly. With the 8 or 9 round mag, all fingers can grip the pistol. Has a nice balance to it, small enough to conceal, and the under $500 I have to say the trigger is pretty nice. Other than the "Grip Zone" print on the grip, I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the gun. So far she likes how it fits her hand, the trigger, and she likes the front red fiber optic sight.

Pros:
-A red fiber optic front sight out of the box is nice. After putting Trijicon HD sights on my Glocks, I'm a big fan of contrasting sights.
-The slide is very easy to manipulate.
-The safety/decocker, slide release, and take down lever are all a good size and have ridges that allow easy manipulation.
-The trigger is great. It's no high end Sig, but compared to my Beretta M9 it's almost identical.
-Good capacity with being a single stack, and not so small it's difficult to shoot. It's a good size to go between sub and ultra compacts, and double-stack compacts.
-Magazine is pretty easy to load. Never though thought of this being an issue until I bought an M&P Shield. Stiffest magazines ever.
-Pretty darn accurate. I was grouping 1-2" at 15 feet having shot the gun the first time, and kept it within 3-4" under rapid fire. I will say I've become way to used to the Trijicon HD sights on my Glocks, so that seeing dots on the rear sight now throws me off.
-Not one hiccup. Chewed threw 200 rounds of 9mm right out of the box.

Cons:
-The trigger sits a little too far forward in DA mode. For those with fat fingers, this might be an issue but didn't effect me when shooting. It is a small adjustment compared to most striker fired pistols.
-It's almost too thin. Springfield says it's 1" thick at the grip, and my G43 feels a little thicker. My G43 is also stippled, so to me the XDE felt a little slippery but nowhere near as bad as some guns out of the box. Adding Talon Grips or a sleeve may be a good idea for some on this gun.
-The bore axis is higher than what I'm used to, which affected my "instinctive" point of aim, but was not an issue during shooting. For being higher, it did not feel awkward during rapid fire. It still stayed pretty flat.
-The Grip Zone writing on the grip. I also wish the texture as all the way around the gun, and a bit more aggressive.
-This is being nitpicky, but I wish the front fiber optic was a bit bigger, and the rear dots were a bit smaller or just blacked out.

Conclusion:
If my wife doesn't like it, this may end up staying in the office or somewhere else as a potential SD gun. I honestly liked it that much, and was not expecting I would. I'll still stick with my Glocks for carry as they've been customized and set-up for what I want. Overall, it's a unique gun not really fitting into the same size category as other guns, especially with a completely different trigger system. The option of having three different modes of carry is a nice option for some, depending on how they carry. I've seen news stories of kids going through mom's purse and shooting a round off, so being able to carry in DA with the safety on may be something some want to consider. For those that can't stand really small striker fired guns and like single stacks, this is definitely worth checking out.