Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

SAR 1 , 1000 rounds ammo , 3 hi cpas

Looking to sell my SAR 1. Probably in the ten or so years I have owned it maybe 200 rounds. Got the ammo in a wooden crate. Never opened. What would be the fair market value of the package in SE MI

Thanks in advance for your input
    Attached Images Attached Images  

MGO Member
    SAR 1 was a Romanian AKM produced during the AWD. Pretty much a WASR, but not threaded for a flash hider and with a factory trigger ( Rather than a Tapco) and are known for trigger slap. As on the Wasr, sometimes canted sights. Pricing for rifle would be pretty similar to a WASR, circa $500.

Price on the ammo would depend on what it is. Can't remember offhand what was packed in a wood crate with 500 round tins.
    You have been infected by the Amish Virus. Since the Amish have neither electricity nor computers, you are on the honor system. Please format your hard drive. Thank you

tx

Unlike a WASR, the SAR-1 is a factory double stack rifle, not opened up in the USA by Century. They are featureless with no bayo lug or threads, but do have a properly dimpled receiver at the mag well. I would love to find one for $500!! $600-$700 is closer to whats its worth in today's market.
    Active airport shooter

MGO Member
    Eastpointe (formerly known as East Detroit)
    I agree, worth a little more that your run of the mill WASR...folks will pay a little more...it's got dimples

On the downside, WASRs usually have threaded muzzles and bayonet lugs...SAR's don't.

Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    Unlike a WASR, the SAR-1 is a factory double stack rifle, not opened up in the USA by Century. They are featureless with no bayo lug or threads, but do have a properly dimpled receiver at the mag well. I would love to find one for $500!! $600-$700 is closer to whats its worth in today's market.
    Agreed it was considered better than wasr when wasrs were cheap and 300 bucks, people used to say these were better.

I would start upper 600s just short of 700 and see if you get some bites at 695 or 685.