Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    You don't say whether this stuck bullet is cast or jacketed or what caliber or gun ? Personally I would never hit a brass squib rod with one of my good nylon faced hammers unless I justed wanted ruin a good hammer face. A properly sized squib rod should be as close to bore diameter as possible to avoid further obturating or expanding the bullet or making a offset hit. A light hammer just makes the job more difficult. A good size hammer with weight, good fitting brass rod and a good whack with Kroil as stated will usually get things started. Remember banging a soft engraved bullet out backwards ( only way on a revolver ) means you are usually stripping lead across the lands which makes the first twist of rifling or two the hardest

Good luck

Remove the cylinder if you can. I buggered up the aluminum frame on a 642 J frame smith because I tried without the gun secured.

This allowed the cylinder to move partially back into the frame while I pounded on my brass rod.

Steel is stronger than Aluminum and I'm an idiot. Fortunately I noticed and stopped to remove the cylinder before too much damage. I had Kroil on a shelf right in front of me and didn't think of that.

This was with an Xtreme plated bullet. FMJ may be harder to remove.

A friend bent the crane on a nice Python pounding out a squib! Highly recommend removing cylinder!
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Patron Member
    NRA Handgun Instructor
    USCCA Handgun Instructor

I am a Forum User
    thanks for all the help cyl was removed 45/70 in a b f r 10.5 barrel sqwib is removed there will not be any more reloads in this

Quote Originally Posted by travler View Post
    thanks for all the help cyl was removed 45/70 in a b f r 10.5 barrel sqwib is removed there will not be any more reloads in this

Don't give up on the reloads, but make better reloads! I've had a couple of 'oopsies' over 30 years of reloading, only one serious. It made me better. I still reload, but I absolutely trust nobody else's reloads.. .with the exception of the young lady with whom I shoot. I taught her to reload, and she is even more precise and paranoid than I am, so I trust her loads.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by RifleGuy View Post
    After the leprosy outbreak business kind of fell off.
    You sir are very entertaining. Green for you.

Quote Originally Posted by travler View Post
    thanks I will try wooden rod did not have much luck with brass rod
    Why didn't a brass rod work? That's what I use. A 1/4" rod is always in my range pack, along with a stubby ballpeen hammer.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

Quote Originally Posted by AxlMyk View Post
    Why didn't a brass rod work? That's what I use. A 1/4" rod is always in my range pack, along with a stubby ballpeen hammer.

Maybe because a 0.25" rod wont fit down a 22 cal bore?
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    Maybe because a 0.25" rod wont fit down a 22 cal bore?
    I guess I missed the fact this was a 22 bore and secondly in all my years I rarely ever saw a rimfire squib. Did somebody say 45-70 ?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by RifleGuy View Post

Don't give up on the reloads, but make better reloads! I've had a couple of 'oopsies' over 30 years of reloading, only one serious. It made me better. I still reload, but I absolutely trust nobody else's reloads.. .with the exception of the young lady with whom I shoot. I taught her to reload, and she is even more precise and paranoid than I am, so I trust her loads.
    Do you sell your reloads?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast