Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Thread: Browning sa22

I am a Forum User

Browning sa22

I have a japan made browning sa22 takedown. After about 50 shots the barrel tension ring and barrel become a little loose. Would a bit of loc rite work to keep it from loosening ? Any other ideas. Thanks.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Excal View Post
    I have a japan made browning sa22 takedown. After about 50 shots the barrel tension ring and barrel become a little loose. Would a bit of loc rite work to keep it from loosening ? Any other ideas. Thanks.
    Usually these barrel cinch rings do not loosen in service when properly torqued. You may have too much oil or a very slick oil on the threads. A thread locker would increase the torque required to dismount your rifle and this can be a problem. You see a fair number of these rifles with cracks through their pistol grips due to excessive torque application, both during tightening and loosening.

Try completely removing the oil from your rifle's barrel threads and cinch ring threads before reassembly. This should be adequate to keep the cinch ring tight during extended shooting.

I am a Forum User
    i recommend taking it to a competent gunsmith

MGO Member
    Look at a schematic for the Browning SA22, there are tiny spring loaded parts that go to parts unknown, when taken down by inexperienced shooters. I'm betting you are missing the spring loaded ring follower, that keeps it from loosening.
    Japanese parts are different from Belgium rifles.

I am a Forum User
    It has the ring follower,but the spring is missing. Ordered the spring and watched a video on the repair. That looks to be the problem,thanks for the advice.

MGO Member
    It is a common problem with used SA22's, glad that was it.