Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
The above link shows where the S/N should be…if I recall correctly, they mark the S/N before sawing the casting to assure the correct pieces go back together. I'm 99.999998% certain there is no way a missed S/N stamping would go unnoticed and the assembly packaged and shipped with their process.

I actually got to fondle one of the VERY FEW ACOGs with missing serials. I purchased a TA01NSN off of Arms list for $400. Seller had cerakoted it, and it was obviously older. We did quite a bit of negotiation and settled on $400. It came in the mail, I excitedly tore it open and was painfully disappointed. It looked legitimate. Had the box, papers, etc. Everything was right. EXCEPT there was no serial number anywhere. I called Trijicon, went over everything with the optic. Sent them a ton of pictures. They came back saying they couldn’t verify it was legitimate, but it was quite literally one of the best fakes they had came across.

I reached out to the seller, told him to either refund me my money, or I’ll be filing a claim with PayPal and notifying his local police as he’s selling counterfeit items. Guy cams back a few hours later, sent me my money and apologized profusely. Told me he got it off someone years ago, and thought because it had the Bible passage it was legitimate. He seemed genuine about it, so I apologized, forwarded him the contact info from trijicon with what they sent me, and mailed him the optic back.

He reached out a few weeks later offering me the first chance at buying. He sent it into trijicon and they ended up verifying that it was actually legitimate. They replaced the tritium, eye piece and BUIS replaced! I’m waiting on him to respond to say if he had any details as to why it was lacking the serial.

But I figured I’d just share that! There is a VERY SMALL CHANCE you can get a legitimate ACOG without the serial. I was tempted to buy it just to have the unicorn!