Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RANGE OFFICER

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joepistol View Post
    nice to see Springfield finally making SS Range Officers, instead of just the parkerized versions.
    I know they stopped making their Loaded Target model, which is what I wanted, when I bought mine.
    Had the front strap checkered, and the top of the slide milled flat ,& it's the perfect 1911 9mm, IMO..
    thats what I got, in 45. Really wish SS was an option then. Parkerized finish looks like crap for such a nice hand gun. I ALMOST pulled the trigger on the SR1911 instead because of the beautiful finish Ruger pulled off on it

MGO Member
    I’ve been wanting one of these, just having trouble laying down the cash for some reason.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue XJ View Post
    I’ve been wanting one of these, just having trouble laying down the cash for some reason.
    Ended up picking up a RO Elite Champion this weekend, ordered a few Wilson mags for it, can't wait to shoot it.

I am a Forum User
    One hour and thrity eight minutes from Camp Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue XJ View Post
    Ended up picking up a RO Elite Champion this weekend, ordered a few Wilson mags for it, can't wait to shoot it.
    Do let us know how it shoots when you do get it!

I am a Forum User
    First/only 9 mm 1911 I have is a range officer operator. Right out of the box that gun ran. My opinion best value in 9 mm 5 inch gun with a light rail there is.

Had it out again while at the cabin yesterday. Beautiful gun & runs flawlessly. Recoil is nearly non- existent. Anyone should be able to shoot this one.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

MGO Member
    It shoots amazing, very soft shooting. Put about 80 rounds through a 2" hole at 25 feet.

However, it did take well over 100 rounds before it would cycle on it's own, very tight fitting gun.

Has about the tightest fitting slide of any gun I own...…...but it has always cycled completely. When I first racked it I thought I may get some failure to go into full battery. But it has NOT happened. It eats cheap Rem UMC 115 gr, FMJ every time.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

71 AND COUNTING

MGO Member
    Mine wouldn't go into battery, wouldn't eject, and wouldn't feed, had to do it manually. I switched from UMC to PMC and it improved a little, but once I got a few boxes through it, it ran flawless. Definately a tight fitting gun.

Had another 1911 that did the same thing. Pulled out the internals, put a couple dabs of FLITZ on the rails & worked the slide a couple trillion times while watching TV. Ran like a top after that. A lot cheaper than using up a couple hundred rounds of range ammo. Worth a try anyway.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

71 AND COUNTING

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast