I'm getting back into reloading after some years off and picked up the Hornady sonic cleaner. the larger 2 liter unit.

I got it at Cabelas because I had some gift cards. Side note, my former California based liberal employer has this thing called "applause points" you can earn when working with other teams for exceptional work. You can convert applause points into gift cards, so the gun hating liberal company bought me a bunch of reloading supplies

So far I've cleaned about 1000 cases of 45colt, 500 5.56, 500 38 special, 500 45 acp and 100 45-70. I did deprime the brass before sonic cleaning. So far it has worked really well, the water solution looks as bad as the water when you shampoo your carpet, so it's clearly removing a lot of dirt/grime. My only complaint is that some primer pockets do not come out pristine, and there is still some dirt or gunk there.

I'm going to get the solution for non-brass components and clean some other parts next. I dont know how it compares in cost to other sonic cleaners, but since I had the Cabela's gift cards, it was an easy purchase.

Oh - and sonic cleaning, then tumbling with corn cob media makes very shiny brass, for those going the extra mile.