Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I can't post links yet! Forum User

Rules for target shooting on private property

I am confused about when and where it is legal to target shoot on my private property in London Township. I can't find any rules on my township website. Anyone have any knowledge for me?
    Last edited by GunLuv; 03-12-2018 at 06:22 AM. Reason: adding info

Best thing to do is go to the Township Office & see if they have an Ordinance Officer that you can talk to. I know in Romulus there is a total ban of firing guns with a single projectile on private property, supposedly because of the proximity to the airport. Each locale has their own rules about land size, back stops, etc. Best to get it straight from the source. There are no state laws prohibiting it that I know of.

No restrictions as of now at my property in Wexford County.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

London Township

Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL DOG View Post
    Best thing to do is go to the Township Office & see if they have an Ordinance Officer that you can talk to. I know in Romulus there is a total ban of firing guns with a single projectile on private property, supposedly because of the proximity to the airport. Each locale has their own rules about land size, back stops, etc. Best to get it straight from the source. There are no state laws prohibiting it that I know of.

No restrictions as of now at my property in Wexford County.
    Thank you Devil Dog. I think it will remain as difficult to get someone at our township hall as to get the info I seek. Haha!

I am a Forum User
    Is London a Charter Twp? If so they could have rules. If they are not a charter twp, they can not set rules.

Often, DNR hunting restrictions are confused with target shooting, so make sure you understand how those don't apply.

I am a Forum User
    Just looked it up, London is a civil twp. they can not set rules on target shooting.

Thank you!