Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

MGO Member

Remington nylon 66

Brown stock with sling loops , blued barrel , load tube thru shoulder pad Excellent condition no box

$250-$300

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.56 View Post
    Brown stock with sling loops , blued barrel , load tube thru shoulder pad Excellent condition no box
    Just an FYI...

The 66 was made from 1959 until 1987. Over a million were made most of them with the brown stock which is known as "Mohawk Brown". Ones made prior to 1967 did not have serial numbers on them. Some people prefer the earlier ones. The 1967 rifles (made in preparation of the Gun Control Act of 1968 ) had serial numbers on the bottom of the barrel back from the muzzle. In 68 they moved the serial number to the left side of the receiver cover. The numbering system was changed a couple times after that.

Here's a link to Introduction of Nylon Rifles.

http://www.nylonrifles.com/wp/2009/0...tonnylonrifle/

In any case you can tell the month and year of any Remington rifle by the letter code on the barrel. The 66's letter code is located on the left side of the barrel in front of the rear sight.

Here's a link to the date codes...

http://www.nylonrifles.com/wp/2009/11/datecodes/

So value is subject to how old it is, what mods have been done, condition etc. Some collectors are looking for certain years as there has been a few minor changes in things like the screw heads on the rear sight. Some people are looking for first year rifles etc. If the sling swivels are factory the rifle may be worth more or less if they are aftermarket.

As a shooter I think mtdew is about right in terms of value.

I am a Forum User
    The gun shop on Eureka road (SP Guns-N-Ammo) had one for $350 looked mint to me. I have a Seneca green one and love it. They are accurate and very light.

There was a copy made in Brazil (I think). At first glance it could fool someone.
    66's are known to rust under the plastic hand guard on top of the barrel.
    [QUOTE]["Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin/QUOTE]

Banned Forum User
    Local Gun Shop has one with an old Weaver scope for 350. It has been there for quite some time. I would say somewhere in the 300 dollar range.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesbaer View Post
    Local Gun Shop has one with an old Weaver scope for 350. It has been there for quite some time. I would say somewhere in the 300 dollar range.
    Sounds like pretty much the going price, Williams is asking similar. http://shop.williamsgunsight.com/sproducts.aspx?srch=y
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray