Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Any FAL fans on this site?

I fell in love with the looks of the FAL the first time I saw one. So about 25 years ago I bought one, nothing fancy but a good shooter. Anyone else have one?

Yes, huge fan, I have a stg 58c clone.

I am a Forum User
    Here's mine from when I was "in"... 1979-1989... It's a Century Arms L1A1 with a .308 barrel that actually works flawlessly after some thought, research and some common sense. I've had 4-500 rounds down her with only one FTF. I replaced the railed slide with an original, added the sling I used when I was carrying it and got a slide and SUIT sight, (Sight Unit Infantry Trilux), that we were issued in Northern Ireland. Then I started getting nutty and got an unopened issue bayonet and begged mates I served with for their old cleaning kits and tools for it. I even have 1980's issued cleaning/oiling rags for the pull through for it.

The first picture is with the original slide, (top cover), and green nylon sling.

The second picture is how we carried it in Northern Ireland, (and, TBH, generally after 1980 because the SUIT was great in low light conditions)

The last picture is the bayonet and scabbard as I was unpacking it with the grease and brown paper and the label indicating it was purchased in 1982 IIRC.

thelady.jpgsuit.jpgBayonet unpacked.jpg

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by AM1958 View Post
    Here's mine from when I was "in"... 1979-1989... It's a Century Arms L1A1 with a .308 barrel that actually works flawlessly after some thought, research and some common sense. I've had 4-500 rounds down her with only one FTF. I replaced the railed slide with an original, added the sling I used when I was carrying it and got a slide and SUIT sight, (Sight Unit Infantry Trilux), that we were issued in Northern Ireland. Then I started getting nutty and got an unopened issue bayonet and begged mates I served with for their old cleaning kits and tools for it. I even have 1980's issued cleaning/oiling rags for the pull through for it.

The first picture is with the original slide, (top cover), and green nylon sling.

The second picture is how we carried it in Northern Ireland, (and, TBH, generally after 1980 because the SUIT was great in low light conditions)

The last picture is the bayonet and scabbard as I was unpacking it with the grease and brown paper and the label indicating it was purchased in 1982 IIRC.

thelady.jpgsuit.jpgBayonet unpacked.jpg
    Best Rifle ever issued in the British Army. Bit long for NI though!

I am a Forum User
    Still waiting for one to come across my path. Great long range battle rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    Yes, huge fan, I have a stg 58c clone.
    All replies must be accompanied by pictures.

Some of us need to live vicariously.

"The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized."
    Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by buckcz View Post

Ill dig it out latter, nothing too fancy, I shoot irons, I have a custom ergo grip and a fancy custom sling thats it, well 20 mags and a pile of ammo, then thats it.

I should order up the DSA para rear peep sight.

I am a Forum User
    Scratcher:

I did long research on the Century Arms "issues"... The thing to look for is what's called the "widows peak" feed "lanes" from the magazine to the chamber. DSA and the other reputable makers of the receivers have such. CA tends to go cheap with a "flat" feed lane that doesn't direct the point of the round into the center of the chamber and they often suffer from a misfeed on most rounds.

I bought mine from a gentleman here who, upon questioning, claimed perfect function and no misfeeds... But he did kind of woffle a bit and presented a Moses Mag in the several mags that came with the rifle. I bought it because of the price and the additional stuff, (ammo, magazines, carrying case, etc.) he was selling with it. Upon getting it home it always misfed from the right of the magazine but each "left" round was perfectly fed. I have a neighbor who is a "nutty professor" and he came in and polished the feed ramp with a Dremmel on the right side and even though most of the magazines still misfed on the right the Moses Mag performed flawlessly. After some research and comparisons it became clear he'd bought a bunch of metric magazines to put in his inch receiver - yes, it's a huge difference. I sold the metric magazines to someone else who haunts here and invested the money in the Moses Mags that are inch. I've had one FTF since I made that change...

If you want to reminisce then you can come and fondle her...

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by AM1958 View Post
    If you want to reminisce then you can come and fondle her...
    Can I go all the way too, if I bring some rounds?

Quote Originally Posted by buckcz View Post

https://www.flickr.com/photos/156059.../shares/k081N6

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast