Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The 15 degree angle seems a bit steep, but may be needed to shoot with the irons.
    Active airport shooter

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    The 15 degree angle seems a bit steep, but may be needed to shoot with the irons.
    They also make a straight version.....

18" barrel will give a 26" OAL folded......
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ruger-10-22...8530:g:A4EAAOS

I am a Forum User
    Pin on a flash hider? It appears threaded

If you want one, buy it.

The folded length has no bearing on the Federal concerns, it is not an NFA item in their eyes, even with a 16" barrel.

Under Michigan law, and the concept of measurement that is generally acknowledged, it would be an SBR, and you would have to get it registered in the MSPs' firearms database. No problem.

I think the $155 price I see in the link is a little high for what it is, but then again, I don't want one, so that weighs in heavily on that point of view.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

It is threaded, but I wanted that for my suppressor. Pinning a flash hider would kill that. I have already assembled it and posted the above pictures since I know no federal laws are at play. I just filled out a RI60 and mailed it to the local Sheriff.

MGO Member
    One day we may see Michigan measurement law be the same as Federal....

Quote Originally Posted by coyote wacker View Post
    One day we may see Michigan measurement law be the same as Federal....
    Wouldn't that be nice!! A universal standard across the United States....
    Active airport shooter

What about using one of those pullpup stocks with a 16" barrel?

Quote Originally Posted by thedonn007 View Post
    What about using one of those pullpup stocks with a 16" barrel?
    That would depend on what the OAL is. There is none of the "open" or "folded" questions with that (generally). If it is over 26" it is just a rifle. If it is under 26", then it is an NFA item. Pretty cut and dried, really.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I have one of those underfold stocks on my 10/22 SBR. I'm quite happy with it as it makes the rifle extremely compact. The nylon material is fairly rigid but can be cut/drilled without too much issue. I had to trim almost 2 inches off the front so that it didn't extend past the 10.5" barrel. On the rear of the stock body I drilled a hole for sling swivel.

The only issue I've had is that sometimes the stock can be hard to deploy. When I push the stock release button I have to sometimes apply a bit of upward force on the arms for them to release (must be taking tension off something).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12