Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Limiting access to NFA items inside the home.

I own a handful of NFA items and I use a suppressed on my home defense gun. I am not married, have no kids, and no roommates so my bedside gun is not kept under lock and key. But my girlfriend has started to stay over at my house more and more often, including sometimes when I am not home. Is allowing her unsupervised access to my suppressor illegal? All the other guns and nfa items are locked up in a safe that she doesn't have access to. All the items were done under individual, if that matters. If it is illegal, I assume the only two options would be to lock them up every time I'm not home or get a trust and add both of us to it. Let me know if this thread would be better suited for the legal section.
    Last edited by Fury0fOsiris; 03-17-2018 at 01:55 AM.

Don't invite the ATF into your house, don't sweat it...
    Active airport shooter

Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    Don't invite the ATF into your house, don't sweat it...
    I agree with the above.....

Caveat: Know that your girlfriend holds the keys to your freedom. I dont give out that access lightly.
    Last edited by Coctailer; 03-19-2018 at 10:01 AM.

I am a Forum User
    my only thought would be a break in, and loosing a weapon. I never leave a gun unattended its either on me or I am at least at home when its not locked up.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

I guess i'm glad I have a bunch of jerks for city officials that told the CLEOs not to sign for NFA items. I got a trust and all my stuff is in that. My wife, who i met after getting my first items, is now a "reponsible person" but not a beneficiary. She's the nice kind of lady who would probably let a cop in the house, where as I peek my face through the curtains and talk to them through a closed window. Even though I'm not doing anything illegal, that I know of.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    I would assume that if she were to actually use my suppressed gun in self defense it would not be a good situation. I am planning on helping her buy her first handgun soon so she can have that to use in case of a break in. She has joined me at the range a number of times and is getting comfortable with operating a pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fury0fOsiris View Post
    I would assume that if she were to actually use my suppressed gun in self defense it would not be a good situation. I am planning on helping her buy her first handgun soon so she can have that to use in case of a break in. She has joined me at the range a number of times and is getting comfortable with operating a pistol.
    Meh, after she shoots someone, have her take the can off and toss it under something.

Just gonna' say it... Now a days the REAL worry is the PPO filed against you after a break up/divorce.

Banned
    You guys DO realize that the gestapo does read these threads, right?

Quote Originally Posted by midlandshooter View Post
    You guys DO realize that the gestapo does read these threads, right?
    Who's saying "I'M not a Gestapo plant?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast