Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    I got a side mount and scope on the way

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This is my opinion, but I believe that mounting a side mount scope mount will ruin the value of your rifle. If you are still doing that then I would get a low power scope, like a 2-7 or a 1.5-6. These would probably be 32 to 40 mm objective end. These are plenty of magnification for 30-30's. And yes in answer to your sight question, you put the front sight "ball" in the "Vee" of your rear sight. Then when you sight it in, you want the bullseye of your target to sit on top of Ball of your front sight.

Good luck

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by markopolo50 View Post
    This is my opinion, but I believe that mounting a side mount scope mount will ruin the value of your rifle. If you are still doing that then I would get a low power scope, like a 2-7 or a 1.5-6. These would probably be 32 to 40 mm objective end. These are plenty of magnification for 30-30's. And yes in answer to your sight question, you put the front sight "ball" in the "Vee" of your rear sight. Then when you sight it in, you want the bullseye of your target to sit on top of Ball of your front sight.

Good luck
    Well it is shooting a foot high with that setup. Stock sights. I have a 3x9 for it and it's an old rifle

Quote Originally Posted by markopolo50 View Post

Good luck
    Mounting a receiver sight or anything that requires drilling the receiver will detract from the guns value. Dad cut the value of this old 1920s vintage 32spcl of my grandfathers in half when he put this on back in the early 60's. He missed a deer and swore it was the sights that were his problem. He bought a new bolt gun right after and all three of us boys went on to shoot our 1st deer with the rifle.
    Dad like a lot of people can't get the idea of keeping the top of the front sight down in the small notch in the bottom of the larger one on the rear sight. Your rifle will shoot a lot lower that way...

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    The mount I bought doesn't require drilling. It is a side mount, you remove some screws from the side of the receiver

I am a Forum User
    " a side mount, you remove some screws from the side of the receiver "

that's how I mounted the scope on my Win. 94 30-30
    it works well, for as far as you'd shoot that rifle.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by joepistol View Post
    " a side mount, you remove some screws from the side of the receiver "

that's how I mounted the scope on my Win. 94 30-30
    it works well, for as far as you'd shoot that rifle.
    You mean dont let others use it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12