Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    No, but it's better than all those here who have never been outside the US, watch far right youtube videos and blather on about all the "no go" districts of all the major European cities. Sorry to tell you but US major cities have a lot more "no go" areas for middle class people than anywhere in Europe, and it's got nothing to do with Muslims.
    Oh well in that case we should just hire senior citizens that spend their retirement traveling to advise us on foreign policy
    You take vacations that’s great but I hate all it is, a vacation LOL

I am a Forum User
    Sorry, I'm not a senior citizen. You're probably older than I am. Most senior government people and politicians are senior citizens, so maybe we already do. Trump is 70. Tillerson is 65 and Mattis is 67.

What most Americans seem to forget is that most countries do not have such an attachment to guns, and letting them go is nowhere near as big of a deal. They never had a constitutional right to guns, so their gun rights can’t be eroded. What you never had can’t be taken away.

Norway has ranked 1st in the world in quality of life for over ten years in a row - people there are happy.

Another thing Americans don’t realize is that those countries are significantly safer than USA - guns for self defense does not even cross their minds.

Seriously, travel a bit - the rest of the world is very different and you can’t measure it all by our standards.

I am a Forum User
    Sorry, I'm not a senior citizen. You're probably older than I am. Most senior government people and politicians are senior citizens, so maybe we already do. Trump is 70. Tillerson is 65 and Mattis is 67.
    Wasn’t referring to you as a senior just expanding on the “i vacationed there so my opinion is more relevant theory”...

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by wsr View Post
    Wasn’t referring to you as a senior just expanding on the “i vacationed there so my opinion is more relevant theory”...
    No, it's not "I vacationed there", it's more "I've talked to a decent selection of those countries citizens". You might be surprised that the majority of Scandinavians (at least in the major cities) speak English very well. They are much easier to understand than many of the British regional accents (think Nick Lidstrom). They also like speaking to Americans to brush up on its use.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowthrone View Post
    What most Americans seem to forget is that most countries do not have such an attachment to guns, and letting them go is nowhere near as big of a deal. They never had a constitutional right to guns, so their gun rights can’t be eroded. What you never had can’t be taken away.

Norway has ranked 1st in the world in quality of life for over ten years in a row - people there are happy.

Another thing Americans don’t realize is that those countries are significantly safer than USA - guns for self defense does not even cross their minds.

Seriously, travel a bit - the rest of the world is very different and you can’t measure it all by our standards.
    I agree.

I am a Forum User
    No, it's not "I vacationed there", it's more "I've talked to a decent selection of those countries citizens". You might be surprised that the majority of Scandinavians (at least in the major cities) speak English very well. They are much easier to understand than many of the British regional accents (think Nick Lidstrom). They also like speaking to Americans to brush up on its use.
    So what you are saying is that you talkied to the locals on your vacation

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by wsr View Post
    So what you are saying is that you talkied to the locals on your vacation
    Yep. Have you gone anywhere interesting lately?

What did anyone say that directly specifically conflicts from that nice information dump?

Deeeeeep bro, you are just on a higher mental plane than the rest of us .... except that is not true they can be taken away, you can have rights that are not guaranteed eroded, its just not a violation of your rights. What they never had, wow, again, so deep, except they did have them, they did have the right, it was just not guaranteed.

Its not visiting a place that gives you insite, its living there, for 5-10 years.

If you think visiting the touristy part of country X for as little as one week is some great eye opener, then you are the one that needs to get out more.

Where did you even get the idea that no one has traveled, its such a weird premise.

What does it matter if norway has the arbitrary highest quality of life, people in bhutan are happier ? They are the happiest.

Cool, I get to be preachy, maybe you would know that if you were not a shut in who never leaves his house and hates other cultures and people not like you. I am worldly, I am a well educated, well rounded, cultured person. I know things.

Tsk tsk tsk.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast