Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Awww, somebody has a chip on his shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by AM1958 View Post
    I guess you missed the little winky thing at the end of the offending sentence then...

Yanks... No sense of bloody humour... <shaking head>
    Shake that head a little faster and you might find the purple font and learn its purpose. (I took your little 'winkie' for typical English sarcasm and arrogance which you verified above.)

Brits - All sense of bloody arrogance and no sense of bloody modesty - Even tho the 'Yanks' soundly kicked the Brits' a****es' in 1812 then saved those same a****es in WWII.

(And typically no British gratitude for either neither. Eh?)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    Awww, somebody has a chip on his shoulder.
    after your first response, I cannot tell if you are ethnic norweign and ready to cry or not, maybe this is a joke to you, I cannot tell.

All their semi-autos except for the Mini 14 are just hunting guns, anyways. Most other countries just think of guns for hunting. That doesn't make them better or worse, only different. The next time you're in Norway, tell them how "pussified" they are. You have been to Norway, haven't you and your opinion is based on firsthand experiences, isn't it?
    So just to be clear from here on out, you are never on this site going to speak of a person you do not personally know, a place you have not spend a long period of time, a gun you have not owned for years, etc?

Right, or is this line of reasoning if you can even call it that, just for this, just for norway ?

There is no way in hell you want to jump through those hoops. You are the one getting pissy inventing rules you never would want to live up to.

If you want to go that route, you can include us because Hillary won the popular vote. Civilian guns have little to do with how good a country's armed forces are. Also, you need to travel more and see what other people are really like.
    Ohh someones feeeweeeings got huuurt.

So triggered you are bringing up military when its a civilian story. Mom! Some guy on the net said something not particularly positive about norway !

Nice straw man.

What did you use to know where I or anyone on here has traveled.

Need directions to the safe space room yet ?

It's not just one trip. I've been to 15 countries. When you see other cultures in person, you get a new perspective untainted by whatever view someone on the internet is trying to give you.
    Its still tainted, even if you live there, even if you work there.

Its not any different than working at DTE and mostly seeing only tri county detroit, or living on campus for 5 years on vanderbilt, or living even in NYC, people live in one area, hang with the same friends family and co workers.

You visiting 15 countries is not a lot, and unless you lived in each place for years and were a traveling salesmen, or doctor in a mobile service unit or something like that, you didnt see squat.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    Its still tainted, even if you live there, even if you work there.

Its not any different than working at DTE and mostly seeing only tri county detroit, or living on campus for 5 years on vanderbilt, or living even in NYC, people live in one area, hang with the same friends family and co workers.

You visiting 15 countries is not a lot, and unless you lived in each place for years and were a traveling salesmen, or doctor in a mobile service unit or something like that, you didnt see squat.
    Still saw much more than you.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

So how 'bout that Norway?
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeDee View Post
    Shake that head a little faster and you might find the purple font and learn its purpose. (I took your little 'winkie' for typical English sarcasm and arrogance which you verified above.)

Brits - All sense of bloody arrogance and no sense of bloody modesty - Even tho the 'Yanks' soundly kicked the Brits' a****es' in 1812 then saved those same a****es in WWII.

(And typically no British gratitude for either neither. Eh?)
    PeeDee... Sweetie Pie, As far as WWII is concerned the British part of that war was ended on October 31st 1940 - also known as the end of the Battle of Britain. Operation Sea Lion was terminated on the orders of Adolph Hitler and the further intent to invade the United Kingdom ceased. You Americans rescued all the strange people of mainland Europe, we helped... But for you to make such a silly statement is laughable.

Let's also look at the logistics of the War of Independence... You lot had all your stuff right here and we had to ship our crap and people a few thousand miles after getting messages that were already 3-4 weeks old. It's lovable that you think that, back then, you were so powerful. You weren't, but you presented a situation that, with other world issues the British Empire had to deal with at the time you weren't high on the list of priorities...

And.. Just so you know, the Americans did not beat Britain in the War of Independence, British people beat British people in the War of Independence... You really need to educate yourself with regard to history. Not the "history" you've been told. There were no "Americans" in the War of Independence.

PS: Purple font is for people that don't really understand language and can't distinguish obvious intent in text... Just so I know for the future, what color should I type when I mean "Go away silly boy"? It seems important to you that everything is appropriately colored...

I am a Forum User
    As far as WWII is concerned the British part of that war was ended on October 31st 1940 - also known as the end of the Battle of Britain. Operation Sea Lion was terminated on the orders of Adolph Hitler and the further intent to invade the United Kingdom ceased. You Americans rescued all the strange people of mainland Europe, we helped... But for you to make such a silly statement is laughable.
    The cancellation of Unternehmen Seeloewe was a direct result of a change in German strategy, not their war goals. Hitler had been persuaded by Admirals Raeder and Doenitz that Britain could be forced to surrender by a naval blockade, primarily executed by submarines, at a far lower cost than by invasion. At several points in time during the Battle of the Atlantic, the British economy almost collapsed. Without American Lend-Lease destroyers, aircraft, and technology, Britain most certainly would have collapsed.

Let's also look at the logistics of the War of Independence... You lot had all your stuff right here and we had to ship our crap and people a few thousand miles after getting messages that were already 3-4 weeks old. It's lovable that you think that, back then, you were so powerful. You weren't, but you presented a situation that, with other world issues the British Empire had to deal with at the time you weren't high on the list of priorities...

And.. Just so you know, the Americans did not beat Britain in the War of Independence, British people beat British people in the War of Independence... You really need to educate yourself with regard to history. Not the "history" you've been told. There were no "Americans" in the War of Independence.
    Logistics were never much of an issue for either side in the American War of Independence. Manpower (and the loyalty of that manpower) was the primary issue. The War was actually a civil war fought among Americans with one side led by the British and the other side by insurrectionists.

The British gave up on their American colonies after the majority of their supporters in the colonies were killed or driven off. This made it impossible for the British to raise local levees, who were the bulk of British combat effectives. The critical warfare occurred from 1778 to 1782 in the Southern theater of operations, where the British and their colonial sympathizers were bled white. By the end of 1781, everyone in Britain knew the war was over. There were no more Crown loyalists left.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    after your first response, I cannot tell if you are ethnic norweign and ready to cry or not, maybe this is a joke to you, I cannot tell
    I know this wasn’t directed at me, but I am Norwegian and thought I’d throw in my 2 cents. I still have friends and relatives there. While this certainly doesn’t make me an expert, everything I have heard about how things have changed make me glad that my great grandparents left and came here.

Things aren’t dire, but there are people there that don’t like the direction the country is going.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast