Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

NRA Signals Openness To Gun Removal Laws

NRA Signals Openness To Gun Removal Laws — With Conditions

By Martin Kaste
    NPR
    March 19th. 2018

Chris W. Cox, executive director of the NRA's Institute for Legislative Action, speaks during the Conservative Political Action Conference last year. Alex Wong/Getty Images

"We need to stop dangerous people before they act," says Chris W. Cox, executive director of the NRA's Institute for Legislative Action. "So Congress should provide funding to states to adopt risk protection orders."

The NRA's support for red flag laws comes with the condition that there be high legal thresholds for temporary gun removals — higher than most gun control activists are calling for.

"The NRA strongly opposed these laws because they do not protect due process rights. We will continue to oppose confiscation schemes such as these," the group wrote on its YouTube page.

The note goes on to say that red flag laws should "require the judge to make a determination of whether the person meets the state standard for involuntary commitment," and the removal of a gun must be accompanied by mental health treatment.

Banned
    Butt send them money to fund bump stock banning and gun removal scams.

The lawyers win either way.

Ever watch a PA shake hands with counsel after a verdict?

It is amazing how some of these people think:

"The NRA has put out press releases about red flag laws calling them 'Firearms Surrender Bills,' which is completely inaccurate and incendiary rhetoric," says Shannon Watts, founder of Moms Demand Action, affiliated with Everytown for Gun Safety.
    "Firearms Surrender Bills" is completely inaccurate and incendiary rhetoric, when what they really are is "confiscation schemes".

And they do not seem to have any concept of what "Due Process" actually means.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    It is amazing how some of these people think:

"Firearms Surrender Bills" is completely inaccurate and incendiary rhetoric, when what they really are is "confiscation schemes".

And they do not seem to have any concept of what "Due Process" actually means.
    I'm sure some of them do:

http://thefeedramp.com/moms-demand-a...atf-form-4473/

Quote Originally Posted by SADAacp View Post
    I am quite sure that they will get due process, but that doesn't mean that they understand the concept.

On another note, why didn't that make national news?

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by SADAacp View Post
    i'm not sure that article is as truthful as we hope it is
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    i'm not sure that article is as truthful as we hope it is
    I tend to agree with this-

I haven't ever heard any FBI interviews or talk like (the FBI stated that “there are a metric SMURFton of firearms laws, and we rigorously pursue enforcement actions related to any potential violations)

From the Feed Ramp web site--

About The Feed Ramp

"We’re a sarcastic firearm news website.

None of this is real

Some content may become real

The Feed Ramp is not intended for people under the age of 18 or people of reasonable intelligence"

MGO Member
    Departments of Pre-crime coming soon
    No clause in the constitution could by any rule of construction be conceived to give congress a power to disarm the people. Such a flagitious attempt could only be made under some general pretence by a state legislature. But if in any blind pursuit of inordinate power, either should attempt it, this amendment may be appealed to as a restraint on both.
    William Rawle - offered the position of the first Attorney General of the United States, by President Washington