Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I can't post links yet! Forum User

Florida resident; CWP, Required to register guns in Mich?

Snowbird, handguns need not be registered in Florida, am I required to register my handgun in Mich?

I am a Forum User
    Are you a mi resident? If so then yes unless you also have permit from another state

Nope, citizen, resident of Florida, own property in both states. Spend few summer months in Michigan. Florida CWP

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Secondesign View Post
    Nope, citizen, resident of Florida, own property in both states. Spend few summer months in Michigan. Florida CWP
    No need to register in Michigan.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

This specific situation, and the original intent of our law MCL 28-432 was to exempt visitors, such as yourself from that portion of law. After all, there is no transfer of ownership in this situation.

Sec. 12.

(1) Section 2 does not apply to any of the following:

<- snip->

(f) A United States citizen holding a license to carry a pistol concealed upon his or her person issued by another state.
    "Section 2" is the law that requires registration.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Researching this question before posting here I found conflicting information, great to have specific references to the law, many thanks. In Florida a hand gun has to be strictly concealed, no printing evident to, I recall "casual" inspection. I assume Michigan is similar?

In Florida handgun sales between private parties are unregulated... For the record I acquired mine thru a Florida FFL.

I am a Forum User
    “No printing evident” is a interpretation not the law in Florida...
    MI is a open carry state you can OC CC cover half the gun whatever, printing it s not a issue

I am a Forum User
    We are working on the notion that your Florida permit is a resident permit. If it is non-resident, that doesn't change the registration issue, but it is invalid for CC in MI.