Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Videos/Links For Gun Safety in Homes with Kids

Just wondering on the availability of such materials.

For the past eight years, we have co-organized a Kids Shooting event hosted by the great folks at Lapeer County Sportsman Club. With recent events on school kids misusing firearms at their schools, I am wondering if these kids and their parents, were ever taught on best practices on the handling and storage of guns in a home?

I am looking for awareness videos/ literature, we can handout to parents, mainly for parents who never shot firearms before and their kids were participants to teaching programs like ours. Lots of times parents just drop off their kids without learning themselves, what their kids are doing. Call me a cynic, but what happened to the days where parents taught their kids, be accountable for their actions and love them as well?

I would like to continue with these great teaching moments at the gun range. It’s what happens to kids at home and school is beyond our scope. Or is it? Hence my question on additional materials we can hand out to parents and kids, besides Copper’s Four Laws on Gun Safety.

This kind of thing?

https://www.midwayusa.com/gun-safety

Free downloadable.

Or maybe the free brochure from Project Child Safe:
    http://www.projectchildsafe.org/site...15_small_1.pdf

Project Child Safe / NSSF has a program to get free materials. You should be able to qualify for this.

Narrow it down a little and I can look for more free resources. There are quite a few groups that take the "educate, don't legislate" path.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.