Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So if they are willing to brain the teacher eye-to-eye to steal their gun why wouldn't they just bring their own gun and skip the uneeded variable of "can we or can't we steal the teacher's gun"? Your argument hinges on these theoretical students having murderous intent but not the resources or logic to procure a gun in any way except stealing one from an armed individual.

And even if your scenario did come to pass unless they were the only armed teacher in the entire school things would still be better off as there would be other armed teachers to engage an active shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Siamese View Post
    Yeah, well, everything YOU say is bullcrap. So there!

You know, if you want to present your opinion, that's great. But when you label someone else's opinion "bullcrap", you're just throwing rocks and whining. Ditto for people who label their own argument as "common sense", a tactic of both the left and the right. If your opinion is "common sense", then the other person's argument is what?....foolishness? Express your opinion and I'll listen and consider what you say. If "bullcrap" is the best you can do, then your opinion is probably not worth considering. But, that's just my opinion.

I apologize. Maybe too harsh, I even toned it down. lol..

You brought up theredical situations. I was giving you FACTS in response. The only, thiery I had was in regards to the office controlling a lockbox of sorts.

Furthermore, maybe if you took the time to read what I put down as a response to your original post, you might see that there was no complaining. I don't use the words "common sense" in regards to altering or interpreting the constitution. It was written in simple language for the people of the new country they were trying to create. Also as a mod mentioned, the principle situations you brought up would make every day carry for me a theoretical nightmare. I Coach hockey, I have 19 thirteen year old boys that I consider mine. At the rink I disarm due to it being the law. But all off ice events, fundraisers, out of town tournaments, I'm armed. Some know , eh, maybe all. But it's a none issue. If they ask questions I'll answer anything. I have been with some of these kids and parents for 9 years.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Siamese View Post
    Yeah, well, everything YOU say is bullcrap. So there!

You know, if you want to present your opinion, that's great. But when you label someone else's opinion "bullcrap", you're just throwing rocks and whining. Ditto for people who label their own argument as "common sense", a tactic of both the left and the right. If your opinion is "common sense", then the other person's argument is what?....foolishness? Express your opinion and I'll listen and consider what you say. If "bullcrap" is the best you can do, then your opinion is probably not worth considering. But, that's just my opinion.
    I’m sorry, but your pontificating comes across like the arguments made by anti gunners in the days before shall issue. You bring up doom and gloom scenarios about what could happen and liken school kids to dangerous criminals. This line of thinking got us gun free zones. This logic led our legislators to believe that some places were just different and it wasn’t safe to have guns there. Unfortunately, this hasn’t made us safe and has led to many mass killings occurring in gun free zones.

If you are wondering what might happen if we let teachers carry in schools or you wonder if kids will know who is carrying, we could look at places like Utah, that has allowed it for over a decade or any of a handful of other states that have. In reality, not much has happened. Utah had one teacher that had an ND, with no students injured. Otherwise, it has been just fine.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12