Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Covering Up EAA Witness Frame Shortness

Name:  20180301_005138.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  97.9 KB

The way the frame just ends like that really irks me. A part of me wants to buy a Stock III or Stock II and get it NP3+ coated but good lord would that be expensive. Same with someone could even taper the slide and/or frame like a Sig [that all have that same abrupt 90-degree cut to the frame] or like a CZ75, it'd still need to get recoated which is the most expensive part [more than the difference between a "Steel" and "Stock II/III model]. It has a pic rail on the bottom and I wouldn't be against putting a light or laser on there but none would seem to cover up that missing chunk of frame. It is my home defense gun so a flashlight and/or laser would even make some sense to have.

I know its a really stupid thing to be bothered by but if anyone has an idea I hadn't thought of I'd really appreciate it.

I am a Forum User
    If it really bothers you cut it at the same angle as the front serrations and polish the cut end

I am a Forum User
    sell the witness and Buy a CZ SP01 or Shadow 2 and get the longer dust cover.

Quote Originally Posted by JimSig View Post
    sell the witness and Buy a CZ SP01 or Shadow 2 and get the longer dust cover.
    I'm thinking of getting a Stock III and blue Henning grips and pretending its a Shadow 2. Mine is a 10mm and I like 10 so that cuts down on my choices.

Quote Originally Posted by wsr View Post
    If it really bothers you cut it at the same angle as the front serrations and polish the cut end
    It's not stainless; its nickel-plated, supposedly Tanfoglio's "Wonder" finish is comparable to NP3. If it matched up well it wouldn't be too much of a cost but man did I underestimate what the cost for a total coating would be.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JDeko View Post
    I'm thinking of getting a Stock III and blue Henning grips and pretending its a Shadow 2. Mine is a 10mm and I like 10 so that cuts down on my choices.

It's not stainless; its nickel-plated, supposedly Tanfoglio's "Wonder" finish is comparable to NP3. If it matched up well it wouldn't be too much of a cost but man did I underestimate what the cost for a total coating would be.
    It doesn’t have to match as long as it’s uniform...the very ends of the frame being polished or semi polished wouldn’t look out of place

Personally I would leave it but that

On the subject of "just sell it and buy another that has a full dust cover" I have 2 questions: How durable is hard chrome finish and does it look similar to nickel or more of a mirror finish? Because I'm leaning more towards the Stock II but I hear chrome is easily damaged and in some pictures the chrome plated Witnesses look gaudily glossy and shiny.

I am a Forum User
    On the subject of "just sell it and buy another that has a full dust cover" I have 2 questions: How durable is hard chrome finish and does it look similar to nickel or more of a mirror finish? Because I'm leaning more towards the Stock II but I hear chrome is easily damaged and in some pictures the chrome plated Witnesses look gaudily glossy and shiny.
    Hard chrome is a extremely durable finish it is tougher than nickel, nickel is soft

Hard chrome can be matte, brushed, mirror or anything between. The appearance depends on the finish of the base

If the chrome finish were to be mirror finish would there be a way to make it look matte or brushed without doing too much damage to it? [or any at all but I figure there is a price for everything]

If the chrome finish were to be mirror finish would there be a way to make it look matte or brushed without doing too much damage to it? [or any at all but I figure there is a price for everything]
    Yes, the mirror finish can be media blasted for a more matte look.

I am a Forum User
    Send it to me. It does not irk me one bit!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast