Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Omnibus Bill Will Authorize CDC to Perform ‘Gun Violence Research’

We all know how this will turn out!
    Omnibus Bill Will Authorize CDC to Perform ‘Gun Violence Research’

By AWR Hawkins
    Breitbart
    March 22nd. 2018

Republicans will be using the omnibus bill to clarify that the Centers for Control and Prevention (CDC) can perform “gun violence research.” The Democrats wanted a full repeal of the Dickey Amendment, and Republicans demurred but met them halfway by agreeing to make it clear that the CDC is not barred from doing the research.

The Dickey Amendment, named after the late Rep. Jay Dickey (R-AR), was put into a funding bill in 1996 and has been renewed every year since. It says, “None of the funds made available in this title may be used, in whole or in part, to advocate or promote gun control.”

According to The Hill, Democrats claim the amendment put “a chilling effect” on gun violence research. Republicans responded by suggesting that the only censorship faced by the CDC was “self-censorship.”

President Obama asked the Republican-controlled Congress to fund gun violence research fiscal years 2014 through 2017, but Congress refused. Now, however, the Republicans are prepared to clarify that the CDC is not barred from doing “gun violence research,” even with the Dickey Amendment in place.

MGO Member
    R Senate, R Congress, R President...

Did they put Fix NICS in the spending bill, too?

Edited to add that Yes, in fact they did put Fix NICS in the spending bill. https://www.migunowners.org/forum/sh...-gun-purchases

There goes any chance of passing CCW reciprocity.
    No clause in the constitution could by any rule of construction be conceived to give congress a power to disarm the people. Such a flagitious attempt could only be made under some general pretence by a state legislature. But if in any blind pursuit of inordinate power, either should attempt it, this amendment may be appealed to as a restraint on both.
    William Rawle - offered the position of the first Attorney General of the United States, by President Washington

I mean when Obama forced them to do research to that effect the results favored us so they muted any reporting of the findings. I don't like the Fix NICS stuff but honestly the CDC can do all the studies they want and we can all point and laugh, even if it's more of gallows humor.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JDeko View Post
    I mean when Obama forced them to do research to that effect the results favored us so they muted any reporting of the findings. I don't like the Fix NICS stuff but honestly the CDC can do all the studies they want and we can all point and laugh, even if it's more of gallows humor.
    Yeah, until the dishonesty returns. The Dickey Amendment exists because the researchers were designing their research projects with a specific result in mind (support for gun control). They were literally, having the desired result, drive the research. And take note- that dishonesty WILL return.

I just want everyone to know that I predicted we would get all of the control and none of the relief.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JDeko View Post
    I don't support wasting my money to undermine constitutional rights. If Anti constitutionalists can fund anti-gun walkouts and the like, let them fund their own studies too.