Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

ZOMBIE SHOOT Sparta Hunting and Fishing Club MAY 20 2018. 10:00 AM

Zombie’s invade SHFC. We are having a Zombie Shoot May 20th shooting starts at 10:00AM. We are following Zombie Shooters Association of America rules. Targets will be USPSA cardboard and steel. Scoring is time plus and you can engage targets from wherever they are visible. Here is the link to register. https://practiscore.com/sparta-hunti...match/register. There will be 5 stages and round count will be 125 to 150 rounds. Classes are based on rounds in the Gun, 8 rounds, 15 rounds, and 24 rounds, optic and non optic. Pistol caliber carbine also allowed. Zombies require one shot to the head, infected targets require three shots, two must be a C zone hit or better, there are also meal targets which should not be shot (like no shots in USPSA), Steel must fall. Cost is 20.00 and 10.00 for juniors. This event is held the same day as our Spring Turkey Shoot so there will be other activity going on during the day.
    Check out The Sparta Hunting and Fishing Club web page for more details and video, also Facebook page.
    Was posted March 22 so you may have to scroll down the page as more news is added to the clubs news page. Any questions contact gman45acp@gmail.com

This sounds like fun. Have you, or anyone else here, for that matter, participated? If you have, what can you tell us about being a participant?

I am a Forum User
    I did shoot two matches in Florida. Since most my shooting has been IDPA or USPSA I had to remember its not just two shots per target. Heads only need one if you hit and infected always need three. Had to pay arrention on the multiple target arrays ( some had three or four zombies and an infected and maybe a meal target on one target stand) and make sure you shot all the zombies, the infected and not hit the meal target. Zombie targets were not over 30 feet and no closer that 9 feet. Infected could be up to 20 yards and bonus targets had to be more that 30 feet. You could engage zombies at ranges over 30 feet but always had a position to shoot them from 30 feet or less. Fault lines are used to keep you in the shooting area mainly to keep you from seeing certain targets and keeping you from getting to close to others. I like it better than idpa because you don’t have to follow a stage write-up that tells you how it needs to be shot. It’s more like USPSA but there were no hard leans shooting around wall or barricade. Safety rules follow both, 180, finger out of trigger guard when not engaging targets, ect. Range commands followed USPSA. Scoring is time plus or minus penalties or bonuses so easy to compare scores. Had a lot of shooting fun

D

I am a Forum User
    Registered. Sounds like a good time.