Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator Shyster's Avatar
    Fair warning from what I have read those Glock 80% frames are made with inferior materials and tend to go boom.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners. Any opinion I express on an issue should not be considered legal advice.

For those interested in establishing an NFA or Gun Trust click here. For my contact information click here. Follow me on Twitter @makowskilegal or my website www.makowskilegal.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shyster View Post
    Fair warning from what I have read those Glock 80% frames are made with inferior materials and tend to go boom.
    WOW! That is realistic! Just like the originals.

I am a Forum User
    Mine's been Flawless through 700 rounds

The new frames, or gen 1?

I am a Forum User
    I can't find one instance of frame trouble in my search. Run it.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymac View Post
    They don't have to have a serial number on them.

You can register them without a serial number just like you can register an 80% AR lower as a pistol

You can carry a non serialized pistol on your CPL.
    Regarding this answer......

Is "registering" them a prerequisite (requirement) to carrying them? Any links you can provide or official cite would be appreciated. If the ATF allows me to build a weapon for my own personal use, without having to register that weapon, why would carrying it change the rules? I am looking for specific legalities.

I am a Forum User
    With all due respect to Jim....I have asked his advice more than once, and followed his recommendations. There is no one other than Jim I would want representing me if I ran afoul of the law, but could you provide more info (links) to any problems regarding Poly 80 lowers? I have built 5, and waiting on parts for number 6. The first 4 have 2000 rounds, 1600 rounds, 1200 and 800 rounds thru them without so much as a hiccup. I've not seen any negative reviews other than folks trying to use ultra cheap parts (non fitting) or just plain doing a hack job building them. I would like to know if I'm playing with fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Northcountry2007 View Post
    With all due respect to Jim....I have asked his advice more than once, and followed his recommendations. There is no one other than Jim I would want representing me if I ran afoul of the law, but could you provide more info (links) to any problems regarding Poly 80 lowers? I have built 5, and waiting on parts for number 6. The first 4 have 2000 rounds, 1600 rounds, 1200 and 800 rounds thru them without so much as a hiccup. I've not seen any negative reviews other than folks trying to use ultra cheap parts (non fitting) or just plain doing a hack job building them. I would like to know if I'm playing with fire.
    I can see myself with 2 of them, but I am curious as to why you have 6. Full size, compact, race gun, EDC?

None of the ones I sold have had any problems reported.
    I only sell the Glock 19 size one with the metal rails. I never liked the idea of the earlier generations with the plastic rails.

Quote Originally Posted by Northcountry2007 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymac View Post
    They don't have to have a serial number on them.

You can register them without a serial number just like you can register an 80% AR lower as a pistol

You can carry a non serialized pistol on your CPL.
    Regarding this answer......

Is "registering" them a prerequisite (requirement) to carrying them? Any links you can provide or official cite would be appreciated. If the ATF allows me to build a weapon for my own personal use, without having to register that weapon, why would carrying it change the rules? I am looking for specific legalities.
    The answer hasn't changed since it was first asked. There is nothing that regulates it. Nothing saying NG, and nothing saying GTG.

Or maybe just the fact that you may carry any legally owned handgun under your CPL, you are covered. You legally built them, you own them.
    Last edited by Roundballer; 04-08-2018 at 03:39 PM.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast