Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

A tip to Sig P239 owners - if you are looking for 9mm mags look no more..

I always wanted to add a sig P239 to my collection and when the opportunity presented itself I bought a used P239 in 9 mm couple weeks ago for a very good price, only to find out that sig has discontinued this model and there are no magazines for P239 of whatsoever. The gun came with two magazines, but I usually like to have at least 4 or 5 mags per gun for practice, range use, etc.. My happy feeling about how the P239 handled at the range was washed out quickly when I searched online for extra mags. There are some used mags on eBay that are selling In excess of $100. And people are bidding on them in an endless bidding war.

I did some research and noticed that the new sig P225-A1 has a similar shape magazine as the P239 but with a different base plate. So by judging from the pictures I ordered two p225-A1 magazines for $33 each. They came in two days ago and my guess was 100% right. The steel body of the magazines are exactly the same as you can see in the pictures.. I think Sig just took the P239 magazines and made a new crappy plate to fit the new model P225A1. They were not even innovative as they could have designed the base plate for the P225A1 to hold an extra rd. Any ways, as is the mags load and function 100%. I haven't shot them yet but the slide locks fine.

The plan is to just keep them as is and use them in the P239. If I decided later that I'm bothered by the fact that they don't fit flushed, I may buy a stock P239 plate running for around $12 on ebay or get the plus 1 by Galloway for the P239. Just wanted to share this tip with the P239 9mm owners. Unfortunately the P225A1 does not come in 40 or 357 Sig, but apparently these magazines for the P239 are still available for reasonable prices on the interwebs..

look for mec gar branded sig mags. They will work, they make the mags for sig and their own label.

also i suspect in ten years they will fire up the cnc machines and forges and make 239 when its legend grows and nostalgia runs high.

nice 239, thats how i would want mine, i rank them as 228, 226, 225 tied with 239.

I only have 228 and 225 old school.

need to add 226 and 239

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    look for mec gar branded sig mags. They will work, they make the mags for sig and their own label.
    I looked everywhere and couldn't find any..

I am a Forum User
    also i suspect in ten years they will fire up the cnc machines and forges and make 239 when its legend grows and nostalgia runs high.
    You are absolutely right.. I don't know why I waited so much to get a P239.. I was distracted by CZs and glocks .. LOL

I am a Forum User
    nice 239, thats how i would want mine, i rank them as 228, 226, 225 tied with 239.

I only have 228 and 225 old school.

need to add 226 and 239
    Need to add a p228.. I had the M1A11 and it was a great gun but couldn't stand the color and it wasn't an authentic P228..

there was a buying frenzy when i got my 225 in circa 2007/2008. Rubber grips were 100, forget what mags went for but stupid prices fir used ones. I waited about 8 months or a years, pachmayr started making new grips for 29-35 bucks, got mags for the same price new in the wrapper for I forget but maybe 29 bucks, so I bought 10.

I had more into the mags than the gun.

Enough to last me a life time or sell off the last 3-4 I never use.

If you can wait a year I think they may show up again.

I am a Forum User
    That's a good tip to pass on to other 239 owners..
    I wanted to love the 238..but the grip frame is too short to hold & shoot accurately w/ my large
    fingers/hands..Same for a 239..
    Funny, but the Sig 232 fits my hand so much better..
    it's my favorite, most accurate, .380

Unfortunately, though Mec-Gar does make mags for a lot of Sig Sauer pistols, they don't market them all in their own brand name
    I've bought them for a couple of 226's in 9mm & 40 S&W, under their own (lower cost) branding,
    couldn't find them for my either the 220 or 232 models... (yet)
    I'm still looking & waiting, hoping they'll be offered..someday.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    My P239-9-TAC came with a pair of 8 round and one 10 round mag. One of the 8 round mags is stamped P225-1. I doubt SIG-Sauer would do a baseplate change at the factory. The manufacture date of my pistol is 29-APR-2017, it was bought new February 2018 on clearance through a gunbroker auction, a steal at $599 plus shipping and local FFL transfer fee.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast