Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Trijicon RMR Question...

Hello,

I recently aquired this Trijicon RMR with the Amber Triangle. I am not a big optic guy by no means but does anyone else like/dislike the triangle? I would rather have the big red dot personally. Or maybe the green? Also I think I would like to have the battery so I can adjust the intensity?

Any thoughts on this from experienced users please?

Hello,

I have several RMR’s, but the amber anything is my least favorite. I have the green triangles on a couple of my 1911’s and my M1A. I love them. The battery powered ones are good too. It’s all about what your eyes like.

Quote Originally Posted by Chogers View Post
    Hello,

I recently aquired this Trijicon RMR with the Amber Triangle. I am not a big optic guy by no means but does anyone else like/dislike the triangle? I would rather have the big red dot personally. Or maybe the green? Also I think I would like to have the battery so I can adjust the intensity?

Any thoughts on this from experienced users please?
    If you have the chance to shoot an rmr handgun, I recommend it. If you have poor vision, it makes shooting fun again.

I am a Forum User
    I should of said the fiberoptic is on my G19 MOS. For some reason the triangle is sort of hard to see. I think a red dot or a green dot would be much better for me.
    Last edited by Chogers; 04-09-2018 at 01:37 PM.

The amber washes out really easily, in some bright settings it’s fine, but it’s fussy, in my experience. I would say try the green or the battery, I think that you’ll be much happier.

I am a Forum User
    Would you think that someone out there would trade me RMRs? Like someone that doesn't want the battery?

I've used the RX30 with the amber dot. It does wash out easy, though I do like the triangle better. At least on a rifle, it lets me use the tip of the triangle to be precise, or the triangle as a whole to be fast.

I'm kinda/ sorta considering a battery free RMR for a project.

Quote Originally Posted by Chogers View Post
    Would you think that someone out there would trade me RMRs? Like someone that doesn't want the battery?
    Maybe? I would just try to sell it. Most people don’t go from the LED to the FiberOptics, but, you never know. The ambers have a bad reputation of washing out, and most people don’t like them. Guys that only shoot outside don’t seem to mind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
    I've used the RX30 with the amber dot. It does wash out easy, though I do like the triangle better. At least on a rifle, it lets me use the tip of the triangle to be precise, or the triangle as a whole to be fast.

I'm kinda/ sorta considering a battery free RMR for a project.
    I have the green triangle on my M1A with a Hopco mount, I love it.

I am a Forum User
    Ok! Thanks for the info John! Ill see if I can get some money for it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast