Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Glock 19 makeover

Hi All!

I traded a fudded up 1903 for a Glock 19 a few months back from another member her on MGO. The original owner had attempted to do some stippling and frame work, but it was horrible. Gun functioned, but it didn’t look good doing it.

Here’s what I was working with. It was a mess. There was material removed around the slide stop for some odd reason. Various kinds of stippling. It was a mess.

After some sanding. I did a recessed edge around the frame with my dremel, but I did a terrible job.

I started to redo the stippling.

I like FDE. So I attempted to cerakote it. I used a preval sprayer which I would 0/10 recommend. It does not spray uniformly or effectively at all. Also, painters tape does not stick to stippling. Did not know that.

Thankfully i was able to clean up a lot of the excess cerakote.

At this point, it doesn’t look THAT bad. it could be better, but it could be worse.

Because I can’t leave anything alone, I received a Trijicon RMR for Christmas, and one of those Strike Industries GUM mounts to hold me over until I could get the slight mounted. Would not recommend one of those mounts. They were crap. I treated myself to a TBRCi Micro Comp as welll.

The cerakote was sprayed terribly. The stippling sucked. Overall, I did a terrible job in my opinion. I was not happy. I ended up getting a good deal from boogeyman customs and was able to buy a custom milled slide with some front serrations and an RMR cut for a stupid good deal, so I had to go with it. While I was waiting for the new slide to come in, I decided to strip off the cerakote and re-stipple the gun. I’m 100% glad I did. It came out ten times better.

Pictures with the slide back. This pistol is an incredible amount of fun now, a tough project, and something I can be proud in. Now I want to refinish more glocks. I had a great time doing this project.

Banned
    Dam you have that modded like a AR15. Looks good and you learned things.

I am a Forum User
    looks way better now. Is the rear channel filled? It looks like it had a grip reduction of some sort. The hump is very NON-pronounced.

As the CEO of "Save the Glock Foundation" thanks. johnjak
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    looks way better now. Is the rear channel filled? It looks like it had a grip reduction of some sort. The hump is very NON-pronounced.
    What do you mean by rear channel? The original owner did remove a bunch of material from the frame. At the bottom of the grip there are parts where it’s VERY thin. It’s not thin enough to worry me, but I would not be suprised if it cracked within the next few years.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJak View Post
    As the CEO of "Save the Glock Foundation" thanks. johnjak
    We have to save them all. Ugly glocks deserve love too. I hope to find more abused glocks to adopt.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Millerti87 View Post
    What do you mean by rear channel? The original owner did remove a bunch of material from the frame. At the bottom of the grip there are parts where it’s VERY thin. It’s not thin enough to worry me, but I would not be suprised if it cracked within the next few years.
    The part that is open behind the mag well that people put a plug into

I am a Forum User
    Ahh, yes, there is a bit of material removed. It’s very thin there. The original owner actually filled it with some epoxy material. That’s the part I’m actually thinking will crack. I removed some of the epoxy in there for when I get a magwell. Once I get a magwell, I’ll probably fill it back in to be safe. Thankfully if the frame snaps it’s only $100 for a new frame. I actually used the OEM slide and bought a new frame for a second G19. It didn’t count as a ‘new’ gun because it was ‘leftover parts’. Or at least that’s what I told the boss when she asked why my Glock has multiplied.

MGO Member
    That does look nice!

I run

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Millerti87 View Post
    We have to save them all. Ugly glocks deserve love too. I hope to find more abused glocks to adopt.

Noooooo!!! That means that ALL Glocks need love and that is simply untrue. Let nature takes its course and have them pass gently into the eternal dirt nap. It is kind of you to suggest rescuing them. However, maybe you could open your heart and home to something more deserving. Used tires come to mind.

To the OP, cool phaser thingy you made there and you have far more skill than I.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast