Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

MGO Member Forum User

Lcp 1.0 feeding issues

I've been running my lcp for a training class. It seems to have feeding issues that don't present in normal range shooting. It will nose dive or the empty case won't extract completely. Any advise? It has been cleaned throroughly and oiled properly. It has around 1000 rounds through it.

Thanks

Possibly during a class with added stresses, your grip may be lacking, causing a limp wrist failure?
    Active airport shooter

I am a Forum User
    What ammo are you running?
    The lcp does not like thin wall hollow points

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Banned
    My LCP had to go on vacation in NC to correct a barrel/slide peening issue after 800 rounds

I am a Forum User
    People who buy these type of weapons need to understand they are not range guns you run a few mags a year if that.
    They are pocket guns/backup guns they are not designed to fired hundreds of times.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Banned
    Learned that on 2 PT709's and the first LCP. The one I have know has about 500 through it between my 100 and chiefs 400

The 50K round expectancy on the LCR still has me chuckling

If it is ok at the range taking your time, I'm betting you thumb is high enough it is dragging on the slide and causing problems when speeding things up.

Check your grip. Your ring finger could be pulling down on the mag when you shoot. Try an extended mag & see if there's a difference.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by RossGellar View Post
    I've been running my lcp for a training class. It seems to have feeding issues that don't present in normal range shooting. It will nose dive or the empty case won't extract completely. Any advise? It has been cleaned throroughly and oiled properly. It has around 1000 rounds through it.

Thanks
    Might be as simple the INNER recoil spring is installed backwards (early LCP's have one end of inner spring enlarged). That enlarged or conical end should be installed pointing towards the front of the pistol.

If that spring is installed backwards you can have feeding issues.