Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Thread: Smith 19-4 age?

MGO Member

Smith 19-4 age?

Just picked up a cherry Smith & Wesson model 19-4 357 mag. revolver. Unfortunately it didn't come with any paperwork or box. It has the target grips, hammer and trigger and a hammer mounted firing pin. It is also pinned and recessed. I am wondering what the dash 4 revision entails and if anyone knows aprox. when it was manufactured? I should add the serial number is 64 K4*** . Any info is appreciated. Thanks, Zaman.
    "If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed". Mark Twain.

Made in 1980 - 19-4 (1977): Change gas ring from yoke to cylinder. (Not really an "improvement". It did make it slightly easier to clean if there was heavy leading, but basically was a cost-cutting measure.)

MGO Member
    Got it. Thanks. The older Smiths sure have great triggers. I've got a newer (2015) performance center gun that has a nice smooth pull but it's not a nice as this gun.
    "If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed". Mark Twain.