Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Open and Concealed Carry are Protected by the Second Amendment

Open and Concealed Carry are Protected by the Second Amendment

By Dean Weingarten
    AmmoLand.com
    March 8th. 2018

Arizona -(Ammoland.com)- The natural right to bear arms includes the right to carry them concealed as well as openly. Both types of carry were practiced at the time of the ratification of the Bill of Rights. Flintlock “muff pistols” were widely available before 1791. Daggers, dirks and other assorted blades were commonly carried concealed. Sword canes conceal the blade inside of the cane, and are considered concealed weapons. They were commonly available. They became popular, in part, to avoid any social reproach against the carry of swords, anticipating the condemnation of open carry today.

The Second Amendment does not differentiate between concealed and openly carried arms. Such differentiation was not discussed during the debates about the Second Amendment. It was decades after the Bill of Rights was ratified that concealed carry was questioned. Arms technology had not changed significantly.

Concealed weapons had and have military purposes. General Gage, the British Officer in charge of occupied Boston, had his officers conceal their sidearms when patrolling to prevent Paul Revere's ride.

I am a Forum User
    Good luck with that.

I am a Forum User
    We know this, the politicians and the courts seem to struggle with it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash-hider View Post
    We know this, the politicians and the courts seem to struggle with it though.
    It might take a gun to their head to convince them of that.

MGO Member
    I think I read that even Scalia didnt think the 2A covered CCW..