Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Any Howell Gun club members?

Only moved to Howell about a year ago and have visited all the local ranges. I like what HGC has to offer with it's membership but to join I need two members signatures on my application and as I don't currently know any members I figured this may help.
    Last edited by Glock19.; 08-23-2023 at 06:50 PM.

I am a Forum User
    I am currently a member. I just joined and you are considered probationary for the first year so I don't believe I could sign it. However, it is pretty easy to accomplish. They are open to the public on Sundays from 1230 to 430 or 5. I went and shot the indoor range during these public hours and just talked to the guy signing people in about joining. His name was bob and he is the pistol chairman. He told me to come back the next week and he would sign my application. That is how I got my signatures. The next week him and the club president signed my application. They are all great and very welcoming people. If you have any further questions about the process or club go ahead and shoot me a pm.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Looking to join Howell Gun Club. I sent an e-mail through their website, to see what the current plan is for next orientation, etc., but haven't heard back. Was wondering if anyone here is a member that might be able to provide guidance on next steps?

I was previously a member at LC&SA in Brighton, but figured I would try HGC instead since they have an indoor range. I have a CPL, so looks like that replaces the requirement for signatures from current members to join. Ready to submit my application, just want to make sure that things are on-track to start back up by June and I have a contact there before sending in application/fee.

Thanks!

HGC...

I'm a full member of Howell.. When I join you did need two members to sign for support your membership...

Application process

Submit your completed application, see attached Membership Application below. Your application must have the signature of two Howell Gun Club members in good standing as your sponsors, to be accepted. If you have a current CPL the two signature sponsor requirement is waived.Attach your non-refundable $10.00 application fee, check , money order or cash, you can drop your application off at the drop box located in the club house or you can mail your application to:

Howell Gun Club c/o Membership Committee
    P.O. Box 53
    Howell, MI 48844

2) The Membership Committee will notify you they received your application, once it’s been verified and processed. Incomplete applications will be returned.

3) The application will then be presented to the Board of Directors at the next club meeting, for review by the Board of Directors. Applicants that have been approved will then be notified when the next orientation class will be held that they can attend. If an applicant has a conflict with the scheduling, it is best to contact the membership committee and notify them of your situation.

Howell Gun Club Application V5.pdf
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

Quote Originally Posted by bjmusico View Post
    Looking to join Howell Gun Club. I sent an e-mail through their website, to see what the current plan is for next orientation, etc., but haven't heard back. Was wondering if anyone here is a member that might be able to provide guidance on next steps?

I was previously a member at LC&SA in Brighton, but figured I would try HGC instead since they have an indoor range. I have a CPL, so looks like that replaces the requirement for signatures from current members to join. Ready to submit my application, just want to make sure that things are on-track to start back up by June and I have a contact there before sending in application/fee.

Thanks!
    Correct your CPL Waives that 2 member requirements.
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

I am a Forum User
    Looking to join Howell Gun Club. I sent an e-mail through their website, to see what the current plan is for next orientation, etc., but haven't heard back.
    Next orientation would normally have been 20 JUN 2020, but all group activities (group shooting activities, group meetings, classes of any kind, etc.) are cancelled until further notice.

I am a Forum User
    Sounds like a nice club.

Thanks XDM/Scoop! I was able to check out the website to get alot of the info. I'm a bit worried that if the June 20 orientation gets cancelled, I'll have to wait another 3 months for the next orientation (sounds like they only have them every quarter). I guess I'll just mail in my application with the $10 fee and hope for the best.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by guylaizure View Post
    Sounds like a nice club.
    It really is.

Thanks XDM/Scoop! I was able to check out the website to get alot of the info. I'm a bit worried that if the June 20 orientation gets cancelled, I'll have to wait another 3 months for the next orientation (sounds like they only have them every quarter). I guess I'll just mail in my application with the $10 fee and hope for the best.
    Correct - orientation every 3 months. I doubt they would reschedule the JUN one for JUL or AUG when there will be another in SEP, but you never know.

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. Would hate for things to open back up, then have to wait a few extra months before orientation and ability to use the club. I'll send my application in to Howell anyway. If LC&SA (also a nice club) opens up first, I'm only out $10 Howell application fee. I was looking forward to the Howell indoor range when it's raining/snowing.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast