Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

ar15 trigger suggestions

looking to upgrade my ar15 trigger

Hoping to find something for less than 100 dollars if possible

What brand triggers are you guys using? where is the best place to buy one?

So far my top leading trigger is a rock river 2 stage match trigger for 89 dollars........

Please let me know what you guys suggest, where to buy etc.

The lower will be used for many purposes (shooting steel, plinking, possible longer range shooting/hunting with a HB upper)

I am a Forum User
    have a few.... like them all, for their purposes..

regular ar triggers .. ( and the 2 stage rip offs .. geisselle, etc.. ) are great for knock around guns.

cassettte triggers are even better ( IMHO) as they drop in, and are 3 - 6 lbs, depending on what you buy.

These come and go on sale, and off.. usually you can find one for around $90.. and most come with anti-walk pins too.
    ( never needed them... but they come in handy.. )

After doing a bit of research I have a Larue MBT on order. It's backordered now but supposed to be a great trigger for the money. $99 plus shipping.

https://www.larue.com/products/larue...bt-2s-trigger/

I am a Forum User
    What's the reason to replace the stock one, just something lighter?

Take the stock one out, bob the hammer, and buy JP lightweight springs. Then take your grip off and run a 1/4-28 set screw into the grip screw hole until you can't work the safety anymore, then back it out a little until the safety works.

This will lower your trigger pull to 4-5 pounds and remove 90% of the pre-travel on the stock trigger, and cost about $15.

MGO Member
    Giessele G2S is my recommendation. Very nice 2 stage trigger from a top tier manufacturer. You have to watch for sales to get down near your price point. They have a sister company that sells many of the same products minus the piece by piece quality control. They might be worth a look. I can’t remember that company name right now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue XJ View Post
    What's the reason to replace the stock one, just something lighter?

Take the stock one out, bob the hammer, and buy JP lightweight springs. Then take your grip off and run a 1/4-28 set screw into the grip screw hole until you can't work the safety anymore, then back it out a little until the safety works.

This will lower your trigger pull to 4-5 pounds and remove 90% of the pre-travel on the stock trigger, and cost about $15.
    With a "Poverty Pony" lower receiver, you may have to run a 1/4 - 28 tap all the way through in order to install the setscrew

I am a Forum User
    Under $100 there is only one great choice and that is the ALG ACT. Super smooth and clean break with the JPO 3.5lb springs it comes with. Best trigger for around $85. It is my default trigger for all my builds. After all it is a Geiselle milspec trigger.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danco411 View Post
    Under $100 there is only one great choice and that is the ALG ACT. Super smooth and clean break with the JPO 3.5lb springs it comes with. Best trigger for around $85. It is my default trigger for all my builds. After all it is a Geiselle milspec trigger.
    I have the ACT in both of mine i did have to run full power spring in my AR22 tho

http://palmettostatearmory.com/palme...c-act-lpk.html

There is a LPK with ACT goes in and out of stock rapidly usually around $75 mark

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Get the larue mbt2s. Best trigger available for the money. Mine took about 3 weeks to get when it's $99. It's worth the wait.

It's been 100% reliable. I tried the act with jp yellow springs and it had a couple times where it didn't ignite the primer. It was very unreliable in my m&p 15-22. If you plan on possibly having a .22 ar in the future I would buy the larue or look for a used timney.

I bought a used timney for around $130 on ebay. When I decided to put it in a .22lr timney sent me the .308 hammer and spring for free when I attempted to buy it from them.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast