Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    I could just as easily see this as an avenue to CLOSE registration, by simply amending the law to remove the requirement to turn them in for pistols, too.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by zigziggityzoo View Post
    I could just as easily see this as an avenue to CLOSE registration, by simply amending the law to remove the requirement to turn them in for pistols, too.
    I don't think the folks behind these bills are looking to loosen any Michigan gun laws...
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    I don't think the folks behind these bills are looking to loosen any Michigan gun laws...
    The people behind the bills aren't in control of the house or senate.

MGO Board of Directors

But…a lot of good that has done us in the last few years!

The feel-good movement right now is to enact more restrictive gun laws…not only is it "for the children"…it is being pushed for by the children (kind of)...
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Possible? -------------> Probable?

Reasonable? ----------> Actual?

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

The feel-good movement right now is to enact more restrictive gun laws…not only is it "for the children"…it is being pushed for by the children (kind of)...
    And will be signed without hesitation by our Governor.
    US Army
    NRA member
    USPSA Chief Range Officer & NRA RSO
    NRA CPL instructor- group and private
    Private firearm instructions

MGO Member
    Shouldn't they be doing the same on "refugee's" and illegals. Wait, pretty much the same group. But shouldn't they.

I am a Forum User
    Are you sure?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    Are you sure?
    Fair point... It's hard to find a pro-gun legislator in Lansing.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    SB 0934 would require a purchase permit or CPL for all firearm buyers (i.e., all firearms sales, including long guns, would require a background check, FFL or private).

There is language in SB 0934 that stops the process short of having to return copies of the completed license to purchase (LTP, i.e., "purchase permit") or RI-60 (sales record for purchases where a CPL was used in lieu of a purchase permit) to the police for registration purposes. In other words, this bill does not expand the Michigan Handgun Registration to include all firearms.
    What it does NOT do is get rid of handgun registration. I will be bending Triston Coles ear on that tomorrow.
    There is only one reason why we have registration-to control blacks from getting guns in the late 1800s so.
    Never solved a crime yet. I believe I read last fall the MSP would even let it go, at least would not oppose.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast